It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Transplants Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-10-2011, 09:10 PM   #1
(female)

bellamay HB User
Lung Transplants

As of Wednesday of this week, I found out I have 1 maybe 2 yrs left with the lungs I have. My doctor has referred to the transplant team here in Dallas. My DX is end stage lung disease. Which all started with leaking breast implants with silicone for breast resconstruction. This had been happening possibly since 2000. I had the implants removed in 2007 with a positive lymph nodes with silicone. I had 3 lung biospy March 2011 with results of silicone throughtout the lungs with pulmonary hypertension. I have been on 02 for the past 4 yrs 24/7 using now 6 liters. My situation is very rare and unique per my doctor. Currently, and insurance is being verified, after that they should make my consultation appt. Of course, this has hit everyone hard, with me it hasn't sunk in. Has anyone felt that way? I will keep this post updated with my progress. Please any or all information is helpful and supported. Thank you for listening!

The following 2 users give hugs of support to: bellamay
kheady (10-01-2011), Survivorcarol (08-04-2011)
Old 08-01-2011, 09:35 PM   #2
(female)

Survivorcarol HB User
Re: Lung Transplants

Just joined and replied to one of your earlier posts. Then saw this. Am so sorry. Will keep you in my prayers. If you saw my earlier reply, you know I may also have silicone in my lungs. I live in Houston and if I do have this, I want to find a dr. who is experienced regarding silicone induced lung disease.
To have survived cancer and now this is just too sad. How the people who have covered up the danger of implants sleep at night is beyond me.
Sending up special prayers for you.

The following user gives a hug of support to Survivorcarol:
bellamay (08-02-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-02-2011, 10:26 AM   #3
(female)

bellamay HB User

Carol, I wanted to send you an PM but it wouldn't let me because your are not accepting PM. I really would like to be get with you some how through PM. Thank you for your prayers. I have been on a roll about any kind silicone implants to be removed and have more research. I been through the same thing.

Old 08-02-2011, 01:30 PM   #4
(female)

Survivorcarol HB User

Went thru my settings and added you as friend. Don't know how to do pm. If you can let me know how, I will do it.

Closed Thread