HealthBoards

HealthBoards (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Transplants (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/transplants/)
-   -   kidney transplant in 2008 (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/transplants/923905-kidney-transplant-2008-a.html)

chh2012 10-20-2012 03:41 PM

kidney transplant in 2008

I am 66 years old (female) and have started having problems but not with my kidney. I think the rejection medicines are causing my problems. If anybody had these problems, please let me know. I have started having pain in my legs and feet. Pain in my left hip sort of like siatica. Now my mouth and tongue are hurting and I have started having dental problems.please help if anybody else has had any of these symptons.

luztejada 10-28-2012 08:25 AM

Re: kidney transplant in 2008

Hello! I had kidney transplant in 2010. I am having immunosuppressive theraphy for two and a half years long, and feel the same symptoms as you have.
My english is a little poor but I hope you might understand me.
I am 61 years old female.

chh2012 10-29-2012 06:08 AM

I am glad you wrote back and I hope your kidney is doing good. I can not stand my mouth hurting all the time. What do you do about your mouth? What does your dr say? Let me know. Tha.ks

luztejada 10-29-2012 01:42 PM

[QUOTE=luztejada;5079958]Hello! I had kidney transplant in 2010. I am having immunosuppressive theraphy for two and a half years long, and feel the same symptoms as you have.
My english is a little poor but I hope you might understand me.
I am 61 years old female.[/QUOTE]
I am doing my own therapy, walking a mile daily, but never jogging.
Diet is very important in this condition and I tried bananas for potassium and magnessium and replace half of daily animal protein intake by fresh vegetables.
If you are not diabetic some dark chocolate helps too.

luztejada 10-29-2012 01:56 PM

I really drink plenty of water, as my doctor says. He ordered me to use a drug called Pyralvex in my country. May be you could ask your Dr. if you might use it and if it is available in your country. Here is a over the counter medicine. Is made of rhubarb extract. Is made in France by NORGINE PHARMA laboratories.

chh2012 10-29-2012 07:11 PM

Thanks for the replies. At least I know I am not alone with my mouth problems. I am really concerned about getting cavities, etc. In fact, I had a toothache and went to dentist today. I had to have a root canal. What can I do to help prevent tooth decay? Also, Does anybody have pain all over or in legs and feet? I hope somebody may have some information to help me.

luztejada 10-31-2012 06:08 PM

:)[QUOTE=chh2012;5080808]Thanks for the replies. At least I know I am not alone with my mouth problems. I am really concerned about getting cavities, etc. In fact, I had a toothache and went to dentist today. I had to have a root canal. What can I do to help prevent tooth decay? Also, Does anybody have pain all over or in legs and feet? I hope somebody may have some information to help me.[/QUOTE]