It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Trigeminal Neuralgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-05-2004, 09:17 PM   #1

linzwax HB User
Question Cranial Neuralgia

So about 4 years ago I had all four of my wisdom teeth extracted. They all had to be dug out of my mouth...it was not a good experience. Ever since then, I've had extreme pain which feels like an ear ache (with no infection), headaches at times, pain in my neck, jaw, and shoulder...all on the right side. I get irriatable when it hurts and nothing helps the pain (over the counter meds etc). The pain is spontaneous and lasts anywhere from a couple of seconds to an hour or so. I feel it every single day...sometimes multiple times. Just over a year ago, some lighting equipment fell on top of my head and I got a minor concussion and the CAT scan was normal. But ever since then the pain has become worse.
I've had 3 MRI's and a CT scan. All come out normal. I've seen a dentist to test for TMJ, a chiropractor, a family doctor who referred me to a Neurologist who refered me to an ENT doctor who refered me back to the neurologist.
I think it might be a sort of cranial neuralgia or something to do with dead bone (in my jaw from the wisdom tooth surgery) which is causing neuralgia inducing symptoms. Can anyone help me?? This pain...is excruciating. I can't concentrate in class (I'm a college student sooo close to graduation), it disrupts me at work ( I work with an autistic child), and it interferes with my day..EVERY DAY. I am at my wits end...I need advice...because obviously even the professionals that I've talked to can't figure it out. The ENT suggested neuralgia....thats the closest I've come to actually having a diagnosis. Has anyone here had experience with this..or God forbid does anyone here actually have the same symptoms as myself??

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread