It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Trigeminal Neuralgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-27-2005, 04:07 PM   #1
(female)

Ashlyn73 HB User
Question Does anyone else experience NEURALGIA?

Hello, I have not experienced an outbreak recently, but have been having pain and sensitivity (neuralgia) around my "private" areas and occasionally down my legs. This can be very uncomfortable. Does anyone else experience this? If so, do you know of anything that helps to ease the pain?

Ashlyn

Old 04-29-2005, 05:53 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Ornament HB User
Re: Does anyone else experience NEURALGIA?

Ashlyn73 ~
Do a search on the main herpes page in the little box and type Neuralgia and you'll find lots of posts regarding this. You'll see that tingle/pain symptons are quite common with herpes. Hope, this was helpful.....Peace, -ShinyOrnament

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-29-2005, 01:56 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

beaker24 HB User

Unfortunately, this is quite common. Are ordinary painkillers not helping?

Old 04-30-2005, 03:19 PM   #4

unlucky_guy HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashlyn73
Hello, I have not experienced an outbreak recently, but have been having pain and sensitivity (neuralgia) around my "private" areas and occasionally down my legs. This can be very uncomfortable. Does anyone else experience this? If so, do you know of anything that helps to ease the pain?

Ashlyn
There is no way to treat damaged nerves (which is what neuralgia is). All you can do is take prescription pain-killers or nerve relaxants to temporarily take away the pain (like Klonopin, Neurontonin, Vicoden, or maybe something like Xanax). I have neuralgia too, so I take Neurontonin and Xanax mostly. The drawback is that your body builds tolerance to these drugs if you take them for longer periods of time, so you have to keep taking more and more to just to get the same effect (in which case, you can become addicted).

Last edited by unlucky_guy; 04-30-2005 at 03:22 PM.

Old 04-30-2005, 07:16 PM   #5
(female)

Ashlyn73 HB User

THANK YOU SO MUCH for the responses! I ended up taking 3 Advil, which really helped the pain for about 12 hours. After that I took 500 mg of Valtrex. I was looking for a more "natural" approach, but reached the point to where I just wanted the pain to END! I have recently started taking Lysine and OLE daily. Not sure if they are helping. I have been under ALOT of stress recently and have noticed more frequent symptoms of GH. Ugh!

This board REALLY helps when I am feeling alone... Dealing with this gets so difficult sometimes. Thanks again!

Old 05-01-2005, 03:42 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Audrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB User

I have experienced pain on my thigh, hip and lower back area. It's not a tingly pain, it feels as though the skin is too tender to touch. Even clothing touching the skin hurts and when i'm sitting up against a chair (eg: driving a car). It usually only lasts a few days for me and goes. I dont take anything for it though.

Closed Thread