It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Trigeminal Neuralgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-05-2005, 12:11 PM   #1
(female)

liberty72 HB User
Exclamation Trigeminal Neuralgia, anyone???

My neuro thinks that I have this Trigeminal Neuralgia. I have had an MRI with and without contrast and an MRV done this week. It did not show any tumors or MS or anything to worry about he said. The only thing they saw was a small cystic like thing on the pituitary. But they don't think this is the cause of my pain. This was also seen several years ago on an MRI and was never told to me. So, now I have to wonder about my neuro's qualifications.
But, anyways, back to the main idea... I just need to see how many others out there may be suffering from this disease and what, if anything you have been doing for the pain. And where your pain is located compared to mine.

Thanks for replies,
Hollie

Old 08-06-2005, 04:28 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User
Re: Trigeminal Neuralgia, anyone???

What area was the MRI done,just your brain?C spine?What is an MRV?Marcia

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-08-2005, 07:15 AM   #3
(female)

liberty72 HB User
Re: Trigeminal Neuralgia, anyone???

thanks for the info.
as for the mri... i think they only did it of the brain, but not real sure. thats just what the dr.s orders were on the paperwork i had to turn in to the mri place.
as for the mrv.. it is just an mri in 3D. thats about all i know about it.
i too have doing alot of research in the past couple of days on this. i am considering going to get a second opinion tho.
should the mri have been of the c spine also?
thats great that your sister has now got the relief she was needing after so many years of suffering, titchou. what sort of procedure did she have done?
i hate taking these meds cause they seem to dope me up too much and its not treating the problem, i don't think. once it starts to wear off, the pain comes back.
thanks.

Closed Thread