It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Trigeminal Neuralgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-12-2005, 12:26 PM   #1
Inactive
(male)

CBarrett HB User
Tingling / Aches around temple - neuralgia?

Hi,
Last year I started having some tingling feelings or "fullness/tightness" around my left temple. I saw a neurologist who said my neurological examination was perfect, and sometimes you can have some over stimulation of the nerves, he gave me some sample medication to try if it became bothersome, but that was that.
About a month ago, the tingling and feelings of fullness, and just plain out funny feelings around my temple have gotten much worse, they are usually always their (I'm having them right now), and I went back to see him.
Last week I had an MRI of my brain, and it showed I had a small cyst in my brain I was probably born with, and I had sinuitis. The doctor called to tell me this, but still tells me not to be concerned, he said that it didnt' show any tumors, mass's, or growths, and nothing pushing on any nerves.
But this is becoming almost like a disability, sometimes I feel like somethings under my skin, around my left eye, eyebrow, temple, etc. I'm only 24 years old and I've never had any head trauma to sustain this. On friday I see him for a follow up to go over some treatment options and get an explanation for all of this. Plus, to top things off tommorow I'm getting braces put on, to help straighten my teeth (obviously) but also to help align my jaw as I've had some TMJ problems with my left ear.
If anyone knows anything or can help out at all please just post. I am so scared and dissapointed and depressed its been really difficult to get through all of this.
Chris

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-16-2005, 03:40 PM   #2
(female)

Max'sMom HB User
Re: Tingling / Aches around temple - neuralgia?

Sorry to hear that you are feeling so bad.

I also have had a lot of tingling and numbness, although in my case, it is in my extremities and the back of my head (I also experience periods of extreme dizziness and balance and vision problems). My neurologist has done extensive testing and tells me that my symptoms are the "aura" of a migraine. Basically, a lot of people with migraines suffer periods of tingling and then pain in their temple. Perhaps you might ask your neurologist if your symptoms are the result of migraine?

Good luck and try not to be scared. The MRI results sound promising (it is good that you don't have a brain tumor). I have had severe migraines on and off for around 20 years. At first, they made me think I was "crazy" (the auras were strange and doctors were a lot less reassuring and communicative then they are today!). Luckily, most of the time, the bad symptoms disappear after the periods of severe stress and exacerbation that lead to the really weird episodes. With careful lifestyle adjustments, I can be virtually migraine free most of the time.

Try to you find a physician you trust. Ask questions and make sure they give you advice on how to manage your symptoms. Good luck!
MM

Closed Thread