It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Trigeminal Neuralgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-12-2010, 03:59 PM   #1
(female)

spindrift HB User
Return of Trigeminal Neuralgia

I had the Gamma Knife in 2005. It worked for a few years and then the signs returned--pain in the face. My dentist advised me I had 2 bad teeth on that side and I needed to actually have 3 removed, which I did in February. All pain was gone.

When the final teeth went on to the implants, everything was great for 4 days and then the pain returned--even more severe.

I'm in a real dilema. I do not want to take medicines and am considering doing the Gamma Knife again, or should it be surgery. I'm so very disappointed.

Old 04-03-2011, 04:44 PM   #2
(female)

marie888 HB User
Re: Return of Trigeminal Neuralgia

Hello,

Did you leave the crowns and abutments on the new implants or did you have them removed? I developed trigeminal nerve pain when I had two crowns put on, one was on an implant. I had that crown removed and the pain has very gradually gotten better. I would like to try to have it put back on but am scared. I will proababy try in a couple months and if the pain is back take it off for good.

Just a suggestion for you if the crowns are still on. Maybe remove them, and the abutments, and have healing caps put on to see if things improve. If your dentist does not want to do it demand it because of the pain.

Let me know what happens and I will let you know as well.

Thanks,
Marie

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-03-2011, 06:48 PM   #3
(female)

spindrift HB User

I did go back to the dentist who put the crowns on the abutments, and he filed a few spots. The pain stopped as quick as it had returned. The bite must have been just a hair off.

I can just recommend to everyone that I think they have given me much relief by finding the "trigger point," and I am grateful to my dental surgeon, periodontist and general dentist for their patience the last 15 years.

My implant dentist is the Head of the Department of Implants at the Univ. of Texas Dental Branch. They are doing many studies on this matter, hoping that my instance is of help to them.

This is an amazing health issue that not many people know about. Thanks for your support and all those on this board.

Old 04-04-2011, 03:24 PM   #4
(female)

marie888 HB User

I am glad to hear you are out of pain. It also gives me hope that my nerves will be able to someday tolerate the implant crown put back on. I currently have a lot of facial and tooth pain that is trying to be controlled with medicaitons. It feels odd for my two molar teeth to not be touching on my bad side so I really want the crown put back on and the other one fixed but it is hard to imagine at this point.

I wish you a continued remission of symptoms!

Marie

Closed Thread