It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Trigeminal Neuralgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-20-2010, 09:48 PM   #1
(female)

KATLOGCLOE3 HB User
Trigeminal Neuralgia Swelling and Ear Pain

I was recently diagnosed with Trigeminal Neuralgia. I have swelling on one side of my face, constant pain in my face, jaws, gums, mouth and left ear. I often have pain on the right side as well. The pain is worse at times and seems to be triggered by loud noises. My ears are sooo sensitive. I am having to wear ear plugs all the time. I saw a Reumatologist first who put me on Prednisone. He wants me to stay on it for the swelling. The Neurologist can't explain the swelling. Does anyone know why one would take Prednisone for TN? Have you ever heard of swelling in the face with TN? Does anyone have any input or suggestions about the ear pain and sensitivity? The Neuro said he can only help with the pain but not the sound issue. The problem is that the sound causes the pain. Earplugs are all I can think of. I also have alot of pressure in my head sometimes. It feels like it is going to blow up. Does anyone else have this?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by KATLOGCLOE3; 11-21-2010 at 06:05 PM.

Old 11-24-2010, 10:11 AM   #2
(female)

Jill43 HB User
Re: Trigeminal Neuralgia Swelling and Ear Pain

I had the same sensitivity to sound and it eventually went away. I still have a burning ear, face, jaw, gums, teeth and right side of my tongue. I recently started Gabapentin and it is definitely helping with the burning pain. I never had any swelling but I did take Prednisone and it didn't seem to help me.

I wish I had some advise for you but all I know is the ear sensitivity to sound went away in time for me so hang in there it will get better!

Jill

Last edited by Jill43; 11-24-2010 at 10:11 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-18-2011, 06:35 PM   #3
(female)

sugzey$ HB User
Re: Trigeminal Neuralgia Swelling and Ear Pain

I hope you have found the answer to your problem by now. If not, I was wondering if you have heard about SSCD (superior semicircular canal dehiscence) ?

Closed Thread