It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Trigeminal Neuralgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-13-2015, 05:06 PM   #16
(female)

clarence26 HB User
Re: Anyone have Persistent Idiopathic Facial Pain

I have seen so many drs and dentists in the last 2 years and have been on a lot of different meds, last one was lyrica and after less than a year it stopped helping and the withdrawals from lyrica were absolutely awful.
Starting Cymbalta today and have an apt next month with pain management drs.....nothing takes the burning pain away and up until 2 years ago I had no health problems, wish I could turn back time

Old 01-17-2015, 11:01 AM   #17
(female)

tpoppi HB User

Hi Clarence26 and all others on this forum......

I am very very new to all of this forum. As a matter of fact, you are the first person I have ever written to about anything. I spent so much time researching and this morning I came across this website which made me realize that I am not the only one in the world experiencing these symptoms, and it has a name to go with it!! I also see you are from NY.. so am I. I suffer everyday with face pain, ear, eye, and teeth,,all on my left side of my head. Started after a car accident 2 years ago. Had cervical fussion and laminectomy with no help..now seeing a neurologist for consult and pain management, in a couple of weeks, in NYC. Have you found any relief??
Anyone else, please give me anything you've got ! I could use help.
tpopppi

Last edited by tpoppi; 01-17-2015 at 02:13 PM. Reason: none

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-17-2015, 06:59 PM   #18
(female)

tpoppi HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Dyob View Post
My wife has been finally diagnosed with PIFP (Persistent Idiopathic Facial Pain). It is very similar to Trigeminal Neuralgia. She has episodes of Electrical Pain, along with crushing pain that is consistent except when she is sleeping. Her doctor is now experimenting with a medication they use for gout and another one for High Blood Pressure that does something to stop some channel that causes pain. We are not sure about all of it, but he is at least willing to try a few things. I will tell you she has been through so much horrific pain. Does anyone else out there have anything similar... Would like to hear from you... PIFP as it is called was once known as atypical facial pain. I have a easlier post on here describing her symptoms...Hopefully there is a light at the end of the tunnel. It is a relief just to get a diagnoses instead of hearing how its psycological.
Hi Al Dyob, Today, January 17, 2015, I found this website, searching for answers to my pain very similar to your wife's. Much time has passed for you...have you found any solutions you could share with me??
tpoppi

Old 01-17-2015, 07:04 PM   #19
(female)

tpoppi HB User

Can anyone give me any advice on what can control this pain?
tpoppi

Last edited by tpoppi; 01-17-2015 at 07:06 PM.

Reply Reply