It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Trigeminal Neuralgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-15-2011, 08:54 AM   #1
(female)

StayGolden HB User
Question Does this sound like TN to anyone who has it?

Hi,
I was just wondering before anyone found out they had TN did you notice a weird temple ache that lasted for about 2 weeks? I woke up and went to bed with a temple ache every day for 2 weeks with kind of like achy dull throbbing but not painful enough for meds. It kind of hurt but not as much as a headache but enough to bother me. After my headache went away I developed numb side of face and numb scalp then twitches which are trying to go away. Also those who have TN did you have lesions on your MRI or was it linked to MS? Please help I am in the process of doing testing. All symptoms I have are scalp numbness, one sided face numbness,(half my lip felt like I had been given a novacaine shot by dentist), I also had head pressure for about 2 days, twitches after numbness subsided.. The numbness only lasted for about a day. Now I feel like the inside of my ear is a little tingly/numb as well as spasming or something weird feling of being tight.. However I DO NOT HAVE ANY PAIN in my face only my Ear. With TN do you also have ear problems?Does this sound like TN to anyone?? Thanks

Last edited by StayGolden; 12-15-2011 at 10:16 AM.

Old 12-16-2011, 07:15 AM   #2
(female)

StayGolden HB User
Re: Does this sound like TN to anyone who has it?

ANYONE????Can someone with TN please answer my questions????????

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-16-2011, 05:59 PM   #3
(female)

puppyluv HB User

I have atypicalTN and many of your symptoms sound similar. When my TN flares it hurts really bad in the temple area and the right side of my face will go numb. I know I'm about flare when I get electrical feeling zaps in the temple. The MRI showed no lesions and I don't get the ear pain. Carbatrol was the only medication that provided some relief, but the side effects were rough to get through. There are couple of good website that I found helpful:

University of Manitoba Centre for Cranial Nerve Disorders http://www.umanitoba.ca/cranial_nerves/trigeminal_neuralgia/index.htm

The Facial Pain Association http://www.fpa-support.org/

Old 12-20-2011, 02:15 PM   #4
(female)

StayGolden HB User

I will look at those websites.Thank you so much for replying to my post : )

Closed Thread