It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Trigeminal Neuralgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-22-2012, 04:56 PM   #1
(female)

Anaya764 HB User
Does this sound like trigeminal neuralgia?

I've been having dull jaw pain lately, last week the pain intensified while chewing gum and then my face became red on both sides in the area that hurt the most. I don't normally chew gum but, we had a Mardi GRAS activity at school & I couldn't resists. Anyone else experience something like this?
"...Forgetting what is behind and looking forward to what is ahead..." Phillippians 3:13

Old 05-22-2012, 09:10 PM   #2
(female)

warmbreeze HB Userwarmbreeze HB User
Re: Does this sound like trigeminal neuralgia?

I cant' say I know what it was that you experienced, but it sounds more like you have TMJ and maybe the redness came from the inflamation. I have Trigminal Neuralgia and my pain is anything but Dull pain. It's excruciating flashes of pain that is concentrated in front of my ear and around my ear, and branches out onto my cheek and up towards my temple. The pain makes my eyes water and usually last a matter of seconds. A really long one would be 10 seconds, for me anyway. I'm 56 years old and I have had this since grade school. I've yet to know what triggers mine, I wish it was something like chewing gum so I could just quit chewing gum. There may be a TMJ Healthboard, not sure though.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread