It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Trigeminal Neuralgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-04-2012, 11:54 PM   #1
(male)

htcdave HB User
Tmj? cluster headaches?

Hopefully somebody out there can give me some advice,
For around 6yrs i always got what i thought was severe toothache in my upper left 2molar, at first the pain used to come in bursts lasting 20 mins or so and last for a couple of weeks. After having the tooth removed the pain regularly returned same as before but a little more intence, Each time( i could sometimes go 5-6 month with no pain)
I now have no problematic teeth but get this pain worse than ever. It starts with a slightly stiff neck, then slight swelling to the lhs roof of my mouth (feels like a small vein when i touch it with my tongue, and a slight headache.
Over about 3-5 minutes the slight headache intensify s to the point i start to have a full-body sweat even if the temp around me is freezing, can barely talk and have to go lay down and apply pressure to the lhs of my temple area. At this point it feels like a hot metal object is being pushed through the rear of my eyeball, . Pain killers used to work but now even the strongest you can buy from pharmacist wont scratch surface. in the past 6 months the pain is so severe it can make me vomit. I have also had watering to my left eye and when i applied pressure to my eye area to ease the pain i could feel a pulse in my eyeball and a fair bit of warmth ! then as if it never happened it goes away again for a few months(duration pain vanishes over seems to be getting shorter and duration they are lasting longer) Out of 3 Doctors 2 of them said dental without even looking or listening to me. The third doctor only listened when i put all the otc pain med wrappers from that week on his desk. And said maybe cluster headaches, To which he prescribed me 10 mg amitrptyline 3x daily. Taken throughout the day this seemed to make my pain less intense but more constant unless i took all 3 in the morning then i was good.
On returning to the doc he was not happy with me taking amitriptyline at this dose(about the dose they give psychotics is what he said) so gave me tegretol 100mg to take as and when needed (which works) i have now moved and the pain is back but i have to wait on my new doc getting my notes? and she was asking why i have not seen a neurologist! should my last doc have sorted that out for me ? or is it normal just to give you drugs that cure the pain without finding the cause?? by the way im M 30

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-05-2012, 12:05 AM   #2
(male)

htcdave HB User
Re: Tjm? cluster headaches?

I should also add i am not a stranger to pain iv had some nasty accidents in the past , But nothing compares to this pain . I was contemplating taking my life before i was given the tegratol, it was that bad

Old 05-05-2012, 11:57 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

Haydena HB UserHaydena HB UserHaydena HB UserHaydena HB UserHaydena HB UserHaydena HB UserHaydena HB UserHaydena HB UserHaydena HB UserHaydena HB UserHaydena HB User
Re: Tjm? cluster headaches?

Quote:
Originally Posted by htcdave View Post
I should also add i am not a stranger to pain iv had some nasty accidents in the past , But nothing compares to this pain . I was contemplating taking my life before i was given the tegratol, it was that bad
Hi htcdave,

I am sorry you are having such intense pain. I too have been having
intolerable pain on the left side of my forehead for the last 3 months & am awaiting an appointment with the neurologist this coming Thursday when I will ask to have a cat scan of my head.

I realize 3 months of pain is not anywhere near 6 years of pain like you have been having. You really need to wait until your new doctor receives your medical papers from your previous doctor. When you finally get to see your new doctor ( & I hope you do real soon) why dont you ask for a cat scan of your head?

I hope to hear from you real soon.
Hang in there Dave.
Haydena.

Last edited by Haydena; 05-05-2012 at 02:36 PM.

Closed Thread