It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Trigeminal Neuralgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-27-2012, 12:37 AM   #1
(female)

george39 HB User
TN after wisdom teeth removal.

Hello, I have suffered from TN for the past 23 years, ever since I had my wisdom teeth removed in a local hospital. I have tried many different medications, and have been offered the mvd procedure. After much thought, I decided against this, as it frightened me to much. I have had to learn to live with this horrible illness. My attacks come and go, lasting for around 5 days. I could then be symptom free for a month or so then it returns, as if to remind me that its not gonna go away!
I used to think that my attacks were brought on by stress, but lately they seem to be slightly more frequent, and not necessarily when i am stressed. I feel so sorry for anybody who has this, I cant talk or brush my hair when i have it, and its so hard to explain the pain to somebody else. The best way I have learned is to say its like a lightening strike down the side of my face.
just wanted to share my story.

Old 04-27-2012, 08:16 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: TN after wisdom teeth removal.

My sister had the surgery and it was highly successful for her. Please reconsider.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-09-2012, 02:24 PM   #3
(female)

LLANA HB User

Hello, I just wanted to let you know that I had success with accupuncture. I was very afraid at first but it was actually very helpful to me. You should look for someone who has experience with facial pain. Best of luck to you!

Old 10-12-2012, 07:49 AM   #4
(male)

Stinker2 HB User

I don't know what the procedure was called, but my mother did a radiation treatment and has been symptom free for 4 years since. I would definitely go over your options again with a doctor. Good luck!

Old 10-12-2012, 03:19 PM   #5
(female)

zookeeper92300 HB User

I suffered from TN back in May of 2012 through July , I did not even know what the heck it was ... it was horrible pain down the right side of my face affecting even into my ears , my jaw ... now mind you being in pain most of my life i am less tolerable of it but it took two months to get rid of it but I went to my neurologist who sees me for my MS and she put me on Tegretol and kept slowly upping the doseage until finally after quite some time I finally felt relief ... then after it dissipated .. she had to slowly wean me back off of it ... wondering if your doctor ever hinted at you trying out this medication or not ... I wish you luck and I wish you relief because this is so so darn painful ... Peace and Hugs ...

Old 10-25-2012, 11:27 AM   #6
(female)

LadyWriter1968 HB User

thats interesting that you say this, as I had my wisdom tooth removed on my lower left a couple of months ago at hosp under GA, and now I was diagnosed with TN about a month later but listen to this, the TN is on the opposite side to where I had my wisdom out, which TN placed at upper right side. No where near where I had the wisdom removed from, so could there still be a connection?

Closed Thread