It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Trying to Conceive (TTC) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-23-2004, 02:07 PM   #1

dugzgirl HB User
Question Trying to conceive

I'm a little embarassed to ask this question, and I have never thought about this as being a problem before, but now that my husband and I are trying to conceive, I am curious. After we have sex, his semen leaks out of me. If I don't get out of bed, it will leak out slowly. So, usually I just go ahead and get up and go to the bathroom. Is this normal? If I want to get pregnant, should I just stay in bed, and if so, how long should I wait before I get up. I've seen fictional shows on TV where women will raise their legs up. I always thought that was just an old wives tale, but is this truly what I should do?

Last edited by dugzgirl; 02-23-2004 at 02:17 PM.

Old 02-23-2004, 02:56 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Blastoff9600 HB UserBlastoff9600 HB User
Re: Trying to conceive

I will say it again read the book Taking Charge Of Your Fertility by Toni Weschler. It is a great book and the raising of the legs isnt an old wives' tale...doctors will and do tell their patients to do this to help the semen get closer to the cervix.
The book will help you with TONS of great info and even talks about the semen leaking out after sex.
TTC #3 since 01/02

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-23-2004, 08:13 PM   #3

Kailiesmommie HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by dugzgirl
I'm a little embarassed to ask this question, and I have never thought about this as being a problem before, but now that my husband and I are trying to conceive, I am curious. After we have sex, his semen leaks out of me. If I don't get out of bed, it will leak out slowly. So, usually I just go ahead and get up and go to the bathroom. Is this normal? If I want to get pregnant, should I just stay in bed, and if so, how long should I wait before I get up. I've seen fictional shows on TV where women will raise their legs up. I always thought that was just an old wives tale, but is this truly what I should do?
Yes....hold your legs up and tilt your pelvis upwards also for as long as you can after sex. Also, I would suggest having sex every other day during your most fertile time (if you do every day, the sperm won't be as "plentiful" for the eggs)....and your most fertile time should be around 2 weeks after your period started, or day 13-14 of your cycle, if your cycle is 28 days. I'm no expert, but I did a lot of research on this when I was trying to get pregnant, and we became pregnant 6 weeks after we began trying. I did not get right up after sex, and held myself "up" to keep as much baby-making sperm in there as possible. Good luck!

Old 02-24-2004, 06:13 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Blastoff9600 HB UserBlastoff9600 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kailiesmommie
Yes....hold your legs up and tilt your pelvis upwards also for as long as you can after sex. Also, I would suggest having sex every other day during your most fertile time (if you do every day, the sperm won't be as "plentiful" for the eggs)....and your most fertile time should be around 2 weeks after your period started, or day 13-14 of your cycle, if your cycle is 28 days. I'm no expert, but I did a lot of research on this when I was trying to get pregnant, and we became pregnant 6 weeks after we began trying. I did not get right up after sex, and held myself "up" to keep as much baby-making sperm in there as possible. Good luck!

Actually even with the so called regular cycle of 28 days doesnt mean the fertile time is days 13 and 14...granted those are god days but is doesnt mean they are the best days. I cant stress enough that reading that book I mentioned will help. You will learn YOUR cycle and when YOUR fertile time is.
Also as for sex every other day that is if your Dh has a low count and since you dont know that I wouldnt worry over that. For the raising your legs make sure youdont raise them too high because you could cause the semen to pool around the the cervix and that defeats the purpose. Your best bet with this position is to place a small pillow under you butt and that will help. You dont have to raise your legs with that pillow under you since it will elevate your hips and that is what you are trying to do to give the semen a little extra help.
TTC #3 since 01/02

Old 02-24-2004, 09:11 AM   #5

CherFan HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blastoff9600
I will say it again read the book Taking Charge Of Your Fertility by Toni Weschler. It is a great book and the raising of the legs isnt an old wives' tale...doctors will and do tell their patients to do this to help the semen get closer to the cervix.
The book will help you with TONS of great info and even talks about the semen leaking out after sex.
I am going to get that book this weekend, but I to have alot of semen leak out of me. Can you still get pregnant if alot comes out? I haven't had a period since January, since I got off the BC pill of 8 years, but I was wondering that same question. I will also try putting a pillow under me, but does that really help you get pregnant faster that rushing to the bathroom to clean up? Please let me know.... thanks.

Married~~June 14, 2002
TTC

Best of luck to all,
C

Old 02-24-2004, 12:00 PM   #6

Kailiesmommie HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherFan
I am going to get that book this weekend, but I to have alot of semen leak out of me. Can you still get pregnant if alot comes out? I haven't had a period since January, since I got off the BC pill of 8 years, but I was wondering that same question. I will also try putting a pillow under me, but does that really help you get pregnant faster that rushing to the bathroom to clean up? Please let me know.... thanks.
Again, I am no expert, but I can share my PERSONAL experience with you....and for me, I got pregnant in 6 weeks by having sex every other day and by laying in bed with my behind tilted up for several minutes after sex. (And my dh has never been diagnosed with low sperm count). So, I can't really say for sure if not "rushing to the bathroom to clean up" helped, but think of it this way....it can't hurt .

Old 02-24-2004, 08:33 PM   #7

Amarie80 HB User

Hello
Just wanted to let you know that I always go clean up pretty soon and I am now pregnant so it is possible!

Last edited by Amarie80; 02-24-2004 at 08:34 PM.

Old 02-25-2004, 02:49 AM   #8
Veteran

villagegal68455 HB User

thank you...that was something i am curious about as well...
April-may you always dance with the angels above

Old 02-26-2004, 07:04 AM   #9

CherFan HB User

Thanks for answering my question so quickly. I will try to raise by buttocks and lay there for @ least 15 minutes and we'll see what happens.

Married~~June 14, 2002
TTC

Best of luck to all,
C

Closed Thread