It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Trying to Conceive (TTC) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-09-2004, 05:57 AM   #1

Luciouz HB User
Early Pregnancy Test

Has anyone taken a pregnancy test early before their period and it has come back positive, (16 day of the cycle) thanks please let me know because I am worried, help!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 09-09-2004, 06:01 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

jmcummins3 HB User
Re: Early Pregnancy Test

The only one I could find that works before your period is the First Response Early Results that you can take up to 4 days before your period, but they only guarantee 63% accurate and increase each day until your period.

Assuming you have a normal 28-day cycle, you would have just ovulated on day 14 and it takes time for implantation before the test would show up positive. Unfortunately, this is a "waiting game" process. Let us know how it turns out.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-09-2004, 06:49 AM   #3
Veteran

happymom2b HB User

I took the same test as said above two WEEKS before AF was due and I got a very faint positive and was confirmed a week later by blood test... so it is possible, but I think it just depends on the woman and how much HCG she has in her system. Good luck!!
Ethan James born May 26th, 2004 at 3:55 p.m. weighing 7 pounds 3 ounces.

Old 09-09-2004, 07:00 AM   #4

Luciouz HB User

Hey my period is due on the 20th of the month, should I try to take a test anyway, I think I will
Quote:
Originally Posted by happymom2b
I took the same test as said above two WEEKS before AF was due and I got a very faint positive and was confirmed a week later by blood test... so it is possible, but I think it just depends on the woman and how much HCG she has in her system. Good luck!!

Old 09-09-2004, 08:06 AM   #5
Senior Veteran

Lawgirl HB User

I would save your money and wait a bit. HPTs are expensive! Many women (maybe even most women?) haven't even released an egg as early as 14 days before their next period, so it would be almost the same as taking a pg test BEFORE you even had the sex that could have gotten you pregnant. See, for most women there is only about a 3 day window of time during which sex can make you pregnant.

(WARNING: I'm about to make a LOT of generalizations).

For women who have the typical 28-30 day cycles, that fertile window GENERALLY occurs right in the middle (10-14 days before your next period), maybe during days 15-17. This can vary for one woman from cycle to cycle. For me, I have cycles that are all over the place: 40 days, 50 days, 67 days, etc. I know that I always ovulate 13 days before my next period. So when we wanted to get pregnant I tracked my cycles and I knew that day 55 of my cycle was a good day for bd. I took a test 12 days after that sex, which was one day before my period was due.

Anyway, there is so much more to say about this than I know, so I really recommend you do some internet searches that explain how to determine your best time to get pregnant. If you read that sort of information, you may be able to piece together what is the optimal time for you to test. Please don't think I'm trying to be condescending, either. I mean, I thought I knew "how to get pregnant" (I mean, c'mon, we all know WHAT to do!), but then I started reading, and I realized I knew what to do, I just had NO IDEA of WHEN to do it. I hope this helps.

Old 09-16-2004, 06:20 PM   #6

lelliott HB User

Luciouz, did you by any chance get an Hcg shot to help with ovulation this month? I know that I always get that shot around day 13 or14. If you take a pregnancy test soon after a shot of that you would more than likely have a positive pregnancy test. We have been trying for 6 1/2 years and are about to go through IVF for the first time so I know how you feel and I wish you the best of luck!!

Old 09-18-2004, 12:18 PM   #7
Inactive
(female)

Fullfire HB User

I used first repsonse and I got two faint positives. If you think you might be go to your doc's and get a blood test. If you are takign any hormoans recently it may come as a positive. Good luck!

Old 05-16-2006, 09:30 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Jsquared HB User

I hate those early pregnancy tests. I took a digital one and it was positive. I got so excited and wrapped a onesie up and gave it to my husband. He was so excited. I decided to take another test the next day and it was negative. I believe I might of had a chemical pregnancy or the test was bad. I know it is so hard to wait until your period to find out if you're preggy or not. I've been trying for a year now and I have to talk myself out of spending lots of money on those darn early pregnancy tests. I would try your best and wait for your period.
Hope you are blessed with a baby soon!
Jill

Old 05-16-2006, 11:56 AM   #9
(female)

oboe_kellee HB User

I had a similar experience last October. My husband and I had just stopped using BC and started TTC. I got two BFP with two digital tests out of the same package. I waited a couple of days and took another digital out of a different package and it was negative. I waited another couple of days and started my period...

Old 05-18-2006, 01:05 PM   #10
(female)

beforeXdishonor HB User

Ladies, if you are going to test before AF,
Try the PG tests at the dollar stores. They are just as effective, trust me.
And even have the highest sensitivity, I think like like 20 mi or so.
Save the rest of your money for your upcoming babies!

Old 05-23-2006, 06:16 AM   #11
Veteran
(female)

JellyB_3 HB User

I got my BFP with a Dollar Tree test at 10dpo. Good Luck!

Old 05-23-2006, 08:46 AM   #12
(female)

LibertyGirl HB User

I dont want to discourage anyone on the forum... But, i have heard that sometimes you get BFP because the egg has fertilized, probably even implanted (sucessfully or not)... the body begins producing the hormone thus the positive result. However, some women end up in an early miscarriage... I dont know how true this is...but that's what causes the periods to come in spite of a positive BFP. Some women dont even know they got pregnant due to a very early miscarriage... Its common (one in four)!!! I wouldnt necessarily use the word miscarriage... it sounds horrible!

I dont know how true that is. It could very well be wrong! hang in there... take it easy sweetie...

Closed Thread