It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Trying to Conceive (TTC) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-20-2004, 03:15 PM   #1
Senior Veteran

sammieP HB User
Question To Test Or Not To Test???

Um well, i have been on that horrible depo for 5 years, last injection was march, i have been to the doctor about my swollen boobs, the fact that they have grown a size, cramp in my lower abdomen, weight loss, tiredness (need i go on) she says that it is just my hormones kicking in.

Now though i am having nose bleeds nearly every day, my question is, is this a sign of pregnancy and should i test again, or is it another after effect of depo? I have done 8 so far because of these symptoms and really, i dont mind about the money i am peeing away its the heartache and sadness i feel when i get a BFN.

So ladies i need your advice, should i or shouldnt i?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-20-2004, 03:51 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

kierrasmommy HB User
Re: To Test Or Not To Test???

Hi Sammie,
I had nosebleeds when I was pregnant with Kierra! I asked the Dr because I would sit up in the morning or as simple as rolling over at night and would get a nosebleed...he said it was because your muscus membranes are thiner during pregnancy and easily irritated, I put a humidifier/vaporizer in our room only at night and it solved the problem....come to think of it, talking about bleeding, I have had bleeding gums this week...another symptom? I hope so! Good luck hun! How are your cycles? (range) and when would you think it would come? I had low HCG in early pregnancy so tend to need to wait until much later than most people to test, I also know people who didn't have + signs until into their 2nd almost 3rd month. Your Dr wouldn't do a blood HCG for you?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-20-2004, 10:01 PM   #3
Veteran

rach12 HB User

Nose bleeds can be a sign of being preggo but I had them and i got a BFN. I hope you get your BFP very soon though. I know what you mean about the dissapointment. Just remember when you do get preggo it will be all worth it.

Old 10-20-2004, 10:22 PM   #4

Ev_wants_a_baby HB User

Hi Sammie, when was your last period? This can help us tell you whether or not you can test yet.

Old 10-21-2004, 02:26 PM   #5
Senior Veteran

sammieP HB User

I dont get periods because of the depo but the doctor says i can still ovulate without, i havent had one for well over six years!

They dont do blood tests here for pregnancy, well i dont think they do anyhow they just do urine samples so i really dont know, saying that i havent had a nose bleed today, i think im just getting my hopes up, god, i just dont know what to do, depo really has messed up my system

Last edited by sammieP; 10-21-2004 at 02:27 PM.

Old 10-21-2004, 02:35 PM   #6
Senior Veteran

sammieP HB User

Oh, another thing, told DH about nose bleeds and other signs and he really wasnt as supportive as id have liked, he joked and said 'well maybe it pseudo-pregnancy' i really didnt find that funny at all, i know hes not getting his hopes up but sometimes i feel like he really doesnt give two hoots (being polite here!), i know he does but its really not the response i wanted.
Maybe hes fed up of me testing or going on about it but its not like i do it every day.

Sorry had to get it off my chest before i ripped his head from his scrawnny little neck and drop kicked it across the living room, lol (joke, for those of you in a serious mood)
AGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH i feel better now, thanx for putting up with my moaning!

Last edited by sammieP; 10-21-2004 at 02:38 PM.

Old 10-21-2004, 03:47 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

kierrasmommy HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammieP
Sorry had to get it off my chest before i ripped his head from his scrawnny little neck and drop kicked it across the living room, lol (joke, for those of you in a serious mood)
AGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH i feel better now, thanx for putting up with my moaning!
LOL you made me laugh! I feel the same way sometimes...geez, it would be so frustrating not having a period (not that I ENJOY having it but it helps me know where I am in my cycle)...I guess thats why you are an expert at charting hey? So when do you know when to test? Or do you just have to keep testing until you notice you are starting a new cycle....I don't know how they still have Depo shots available with all the horror stories I've been hearing about how it messes up your system. Well, goodluck and don't give up.

Old 10-22-2004, 04:44 PM   #8
Senior Veteran

sammieP HB User

An expert at charting? It seems like ive done it since i was born, ha ha ha
I would love a period (i think) just so i would know where i was in my cycle and also it would stop me spending my wages on home pregnancy tests every month. I dont really know when to test, though i have recently come up with the theory that the books say if your temp stays above 37.2 you may have concieved so that is now when im going to test, you never know it may work!
P.S i wont give up so long as you dont

Last edited by sammieP; 10-24-2004 at 04:55 AM.

Old 10-23-2004, 09:46 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

kierrasmommy HB User

I won't give up just quite yet....so you BETTER not either! LOL! How many DPO do you figure you are now? And what are your temps like? I have a temping question for you, if I went to bed 2 hours later than normal, could it affect my temp? Should I have gotten up 2 hours later to compensate? I heard if your temps are still elevated (not everyone has 37 degrees, so elevated above your cover line may be good enough) 18 DPO then you should test...you may have told me that...I can't rememeber. How many days have you been elevated?

Old 10-24-2004, 05:03 AM   #10
Senior Veteran

sammieP HB User

well, i would stay in bed an extra 2 hours, but just as an excuse for a lie in!
My temps today are up, normally range at about 36.7 ish had 3 days, from the 15th oct at 36.95 then on the 17th got 37.7 and then it dropped again and now im on 37.15, i had crampy feelings in my ovaries around the 15th so i think thats when i may have ovulated, but depo really has messed up my system so am not sure whats going on, im just hopeing really.
Anyhow, enough of me, hows it going with you? When is af due or has she shown her ugly face all ready?
Love and hugs, sammie

Old 10-24-2004, 10:34 AM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

Blastoff9600 HB UserBlastoff9600 HB User

When it comes to charting temps they have to be taken at the same time every morning. Staying in bed two extra hours will actually throw off your temps more than help. Second you need at least 3 to 4 hours of sleep before taking your temp to get an accurate result.
The TCOYF book has great info on that. If you hunt around you cna find it really cheap either online or in local stores. I have an older version that only cost me 8 dollars. I would love to get my hands on the newer version because it had about an hundred pages more of info. But I havent found it yet at a price I want to pay..lol
TTC #3 since 01/02

Old 10-24-2004, 10:56 AM   #12
Senior Veteran

sammieP HB User

Well at the moment i am bidding against TCOYF as its cheap so hopefully i will get it! Thanx for the info on the temps i appreciate it, i never realised it should be done at the same time each day so maybe thats why mine was up today as did it 3 hours late!
Thanx again

Old 10-28-2004, 04:52 PM   #13
Veteran
(female)

bronicagirl HB User

sorry to hear about your nosebleeds Sammy. hubby used to have loads of them at one point, up to 3 a day, but no likely hood he could be pregnant, unless there is something hes not telling me lol.

have you started on your agnus castus yet? mine arrived and ive been on it for about a week now. no difference, no side effects yet.

Old 11-01-2004, 09:36 PM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

kierrasmommy HB User

Hi Sammie,
Just thought I'd drop in and see how you are. I'm on CD9 right now. I tried Robitussin for a day but stopped because it made me I wanted to make sure I hadn't bought the wrong stuff. I got the one with no letters before or after the Robitussin name so I think it's right, I think I just may need to take it with food...I don't take alot of meds so I think I'm a medicinal version of a cheap drunk. I don't drink either so I'm probably both.
Work is busy right now, I'm hoping once I get this new position organized it'll settle down and I can stop in during the days again.
Well, hope all is well, take care. Goodluck!

Old 11-01-2004, 10:33 PM   #15
Veteran

rach12 HB User

Kierras mommy You are right on with and the robbotossin. However you spell it. I tried it for a few days and about DIED. hahaha GOOD LUCK LADIES. BFP TO US ALL

Closed Thread