It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Trying to Conceive (TTC) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-30-2004, 03:10 PM   #1
(female)

AnnieinPA HB User
Disappointed

Hi guys,

Well, this was our first month TTC and it looks like I'm not preggo. My af isn't due until Thursday or Friday, but my boobs aren't tender at all and I took a First Response today that said I had like a 90 some percent chance of knowing or not. Needless to say, it came back negative. What do you guys think... should I be disappointed or still hold onto some hope? Wouldn't my boobs be a little sore by now if my period was only two days away if I were pregnant? I can tell this process is going to be much harder than I thought... these last two weeks have been agonizing just waiting to see. I can't imagine going through this for months on end!! Hope you all are doing well.

Old 11-30-2004, 04:18 PM   #2
(female)

Amink HB User
Re: Disappointed

well, as this was only your first cycle, I'd say you still have lots of hope for another succesful cycle.

I know what it is like to go through ttc for month and years and years. It isn't easy, but it kind of becomes part of you.

hope you have a short time ttc...

Ami

ttc since 6/00

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-30-2004, 04:27 PM   #3
Senior Veteran

laurabelle1317 HB User

There is still hope...do remember that it all depends on how much pregnancy hormone your body has already produced. There is one poster on this board that said that she never getes a positive result until at least a week after her AF because her body is slow to produce a lot of hcg...even with the good hpts she has to wait a while. And not everyone experiences symptoms this early on...in fact most probably do not. Sore boobs is not a prerequisite for pregnancy.

So wait until you are alte for AF...iif it hasn't shown up a couple of days after it is due...test again. Or you could always for to the Dr.s office for a blood test. That will tell you for sure.

Good luck!
~Laura~

Old 11-30-2004, 04:36 PM   #4
Senior Veteran

laurabelle1317 HB User

I was just browsing the pregnancy board...go check out this thread: tested pos after 2 or 3 weeks?

There are somen sharing that they didn't get positive hpts until 2 or more weeks after their missed AF...for one woman it was even 13 weeks! Thought you might like to know of some women who didn't get a bfp right away.

~Laura~

Old 12-07-2004, 02:08 PM   #5
Senior Veteran

sammieP HB User

Good luck to you, dont feel to down if you dont get a positive result, i know what its like, i waited days for test to come back from the doctors and it was negative, i felt so depressed, but it will happen in time. We will all support you as we are all going through the same thing.

Take care

Closed Thread