It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Trying to Conceive (TTC) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-10-2005, 12:43 PM   #1
(female)

tangirl HB User
Question TTC - on month 3

Hello,
My husband and I have been trying to conceive for 3 months. The first two months I was just so excited that he agreed to start trying, I was pretty naive about the whole process. I was not very knowledgeable about the woman's reproductive cycle, ovulation, fertile periods, etc. Now I'm at month 3, and I think I did a better job of maximizing my chances of getting pregnant this time around.

My cycles vary between 28 and 31 days, so I'm expecting my AF sometime between Saturday, February 12 and Tuesday, February 15. However, I have experienced some symptoms the past couple of weeks that give me the feeling that I might be pregnant:

- My boobs aren't sore, but they are bigger. Also, my left areola is getting wider, and I notice that the little bumps around both nipples are becoming more pronounced/bigger.
- This last week, I have noticed some vaginal discharge that is clear and non-odorous. It's not like EWCM, and it's not the type of discharge you get prior to ovulation either (thicker). I've read that this can be a sign of pregnancy as the cervical mucous plug is starting to form.
- I have also noticed that I have been tired. One night I did some vacuuming and light housework and suddenly felt exhausted at 8pm! I sat down and watched tv until bedtime, and then I couldn't sleep that night! I have also noticed generel tiredness prior to this, but am not sure if I was tired because I am pregnant or just because...
- Yesterday, I woke up feeling queasy at 6:30am. I was able to eat a few crackers in the morning and had chicken teriyaki and rice at lunch while my husband ate sushi The queasiness did not go away until I finally laid down for a nap, and then I was good for the rest of the day/evening. Today I feel normal, no queasiness to speak of.

I realize I am in the 2WW period, but just wanted to bounce these symptoms off of someone other than my husband! Comments are welcome!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-10-2005, 07:12 PM   #2
(female)

Poofy HB User
Re: TTC - on month 3

Honey, I am not a success story by any means, but I have been pregnant 10 times...my best guess is that YOU ARE PREGNANT!!! And for you, I hope so!!! Have you had to pee alot? I know that is blunt, but with all your other signs, it's a very common one also. Especially at the beginning of pregnancy and towards the end.
Do not want to give you false hope by any means, but you have alot of signs. If in fact you are not, here is a couple of trix.
1-feed hubby lots of protein.
2-two days before you are to ovulate, take a couple table spoons of the cough med. Robitusson,(like three days before you are to ovulate, each day)
I know a bunch of these trix from support groups where women could not get pregnant, and I know that they have worked!
Hopefully you are pregnant and have no need for these trix! Good luck to you and let us know!!!
Leslie

Old 02-11-2005, 05:39 AM   #3
Senior Veteran

sammieP HB User

I just wanted to wish you luck and am keeping my fingers crossed for you, it does sound promising though.

Keep us posted, sprinklings of baby dust to you

Old 02-12-2005, 04:42 PM   #4
(female)

tangirl HB User

Thanks to Poofy and sammieP for their well wishes! Still no AF today, and I continue to have bouts of queasiness. I'm also starting to get pretty bad headaches off and on, which is very unusal for me because I'm not normally prone to them. So although things are looking good I am trying to contain myself in case I get a BFN. Will keep everyone posted!

Old 02-16-2005, 09:33 AM   #5
(female)

tangirl HB User

Hi all,
Here is the latest update on my TTC adventures

My last two cycles have been 28 and 31 days, so I assumed that this cycle would be somewhere in that range. As of today (Wednesday), this is my first day that I am "late". I took a HPT yesterday and got BFN, but still no AF. So I'm going to wait a couple of days and retest with the First Response test (I've been using a Ralph's brand test and thinking the sensitivity is not as good as FR). If I'm still late by next Thursday, I have a regularly scheduled annual with my ob/gyn anyway and will request a blood test.

I first started feeling queasy last Wednesday, and have continued to experience it off and on since then. So I really do feel like this cycle is different and that I am PG. Also, I have not been getting the usual PMS symptoms that usually surface like clockwork with every cycle: I usually break out a week before AF and also have really bad lower back pain.

So...we will see! Keep your fingers crossed for me

Old 02-16-2005, 12:53 PM   #6
Senior Veteran

sammieP HB User

My fingers and toes are crossed for you and i hope you get a bfp soon, good luck and keep us posted.

Take care, sammie p xxx

Old 02-16-2005, 02:45 PM   #7
(female)

suimont HB User

oooh i think it sounds promising,wishing you the very best luck and will b thinking of you.fingers crossed.
aana

Old 02-19-2005, 04:57 PM   #8
(female)

tangirl HB User

Well, I am now between 4-7 days late, and still no AF. However, I took a HPT yesterday and got a BFN. Could I still be PG and just not producing enough HCG yet? Am a bit confused here...I have never missed an AF (or been this late) in my life.

Old 02-20-2005, 03:47 AM   #9
Senior Veteran

sammieP HB User

Could it be late due to stress?

It is possible that you are not producing enough hcg yet, i would leave it a couple more days and test again if there is no sign of af!

Closed Thread