It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Trying to Conceive (TTC) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-20-2005, 05:58 AM   #1
Senior Veteran

sammieP HB User
Good info - Ovulation Microscopes and there results,

OVULATION MICROSCOPES - THE CORRECT USE OF YOUR OVULATION MICROSCOPE AND THEIR RESULTS

The ovulation microscope predicts fertility - It is the presence of estrogen in the saliva which increases and fern like crystal patterns will become visible, unlike the urine lh sticks which detect only lutenising hormone the ovulation microscope focuses on estrogen. When you look through the microscope at you dried sample you are looking for ferning or cystal patterns which are produced by the increase in estrogen that takes place before ovulation occurs.

CORRECT SAMPLING

You must collect a saliva sample by taking it from below your tongue, or the side of your cheek but the tongue gives a better result, place it on the microscope and let the sample dry for 5 - 15 minutes, view the result through the lens.

THE RESULTS

During infertile times of the month the result on the lens will show small spots and line like patterns - this is a non fertile restult.

As you approach ovulation incipient (sp?) ferning patterns will begin to appear - this is a transitional result - the woman is less fertile, but conception is still very possible.

At the onset of ovulation heavier ferning crystal patterns will appear in the sample, these patterns will indicate that ovulation is occuring or about to take place - this is a +ve or fertile result. The duratin of your most fertile time will last for 4 days pre-ovulation and 24hrs post-ovulation.

Hope this is of some help to you girls out there using the ovulation microscope, it has come to my attention that i have been incorrectly using my scope for the past month, hopefully now i will get some correct results.

If anyone wishes to add anything else which may have been left out please feel free to do so.

****Baby dust to all****

Sammie p xxx

Last edited by sammieP; 02-28-2005 at 12:33 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-23-2005, 09:42 AM   #2
Senior Veteran

sammieP HB User
Re: Good info - Ovulation Microscopes and there results,

Bumping this up!

Sprinklings of baby dust to all. If anyone has had good or bad remarks on the o scope please post for others to read

Old 02-23-2005, 10:46 AM   #3
(female)

babybugg05 HB User

I have been using a ovulation microscope for the past month, and i don't think that i like it. The first time i used it which was way to early for ovulation time i had ferns, the next day nothing, which i expected the first time. Well now that it is time for me to ovulate on the 21st i got nothing, 22 ferns, 23 nothing. I hope others are having better luck than i am. Baby dust to everyone***~~~~*****

Old 02-23-2005, 11:34 AM   #4
Senior Veteran

laurabelle1317 HB User

I didn't have luck either. I had ferns for over a week...then when it actually came time for me to ovulate, I didn't have any ferns. No ferns the couple of days prior to ovulation or day of ovulation.

Old 02-23-2005, 03:54 PM   #5
(female)

Ahen HB User

I gave in and bought an os and have only used it for a few days, so I don't know if mine is working for me yet... but, the instructions that came with mine suggested that I shouldn't eat or drink anything for two hours before I test (so when I wake up in the morning is the best time...) I wonder how much of a difference that makes...

Old 02-24-2005, 12:53 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)

bronicagirl HB User

Ive only had two short episodes of ferning with mine, but thats to be expected after depo. Im really happy with my os. I can definately see a pattern repeating itself with mine with regards to few spots, lots of spots then ferning.

mine gets a big thumbs up.

Remember if you suffer a hormone imbalance then they aint going to be 100% accurate, as that effects the results, but then hormone imbalance effects urine tests, fertility monitors etc as well!

Old 02-25-2005, 11:12 AM   #7
Senior Veteran

sammieP HB User

Bumped up for mander.

I like my oscope but im in the same situation as bronicagirl - i can certainly see a pattern coming.

Old 03-03-2005, 06:29 AM   #8
Senior Veteran

sammieP HB User

Bumped up for newbies!

Old 03-10-2005, 02:04 PM   #9
Senior Veteran

sammieP HB User

Bumped up again, just encase anyones interested in o'scopes

Old 03-26-2005, 04:01 AM   #10
Senior Veteran

sammieP HB User

Thought id bump this up!

Old 03-30-2005, 07:07 AM   #11
(female)

louiseb HB User

ive just bought a scope and was wondering if clomid would make any difference to my saliva? i will be taking 150mg from day 2 - 7, sorry if this is a really daft question!!
Louise

Old 03-30-2005, 11:07 PM   #12
Senior Veteran

sammieP HB User

I will have to look that one up as im not sure myself.

I dont think mine is working correctly, i am due to ovulate either today or tomorrow so we are bdancing like crazy, sat,sun,mon i had partial ferning and since then nothing anyone give me any reason to why this is happening?

I love my microscope because its so discreat and easy to use but im unsure as to why i havent had a full pattern of ferning yet!!!

Last edited by sammieP; 03-30-2005 at 11:08 PM.

Old 03-30-2005, 11:23 PM   #13
Senior Veteran

sammieP HB User

I have looked through the TCOYF book and all i can tell is that Clomid will have an effect on the ovulation test strips, it doesnt say that it will have an effect on the microscope so i guess the answer to your question would be No, it shouldnt make any difference to your saliva. If i find out any different i will let you know or if anyone else knows the true answer feel free to post

Old 03-31-2005, 11:54 AM   #14
(female)

louiseb HB User

thanks sammie for taking the time to look it up for me. still waiting for af to show up (day 3 after provera) and am eager to start usinf my scope. have tried it and so far its working ok as far as saying im not fertile now!! will let you know how it goes
take care
Louise

Old 04-18-2005, 06:58 AM   #15
Senior Veteran

sammieP HB User

Bumped up for anyone interested

Last edited by sammieP; 04-18-2005 at 09:36 AM.

Closed Thread