It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Trying to Conceive (TTC) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-25-2005, 07:33 AM   #1

anxious and confused HB User
Preparing for TTC

My husband and I have had "the talk" and we feel that it is time to expand our family. This will be our 1st child.

I have been on the pill for 14 years. When should I stop taking it? We want to try to get preganant by the end of June or July.

What has us worried is the day care situation - the cost, the fact that our baby will be in day care at all, etc. We cannot afford to lose my income, but we could maybe live if I could go part-time. Do I wait and talk to my employer about this til I am already pregnant?

What have others done in this situation??

Old 02-25-2005, 08:37 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

rayray9 HB User
Re: Preparing for TTC

if u r on the pill i suggest waiting until your pack is finished and then quit. i stopped them in the middle and i really messed myself up. but i would try to go on folic acid and multi-vitamins. that is what my doctor recomended. this is my first month trying. stay in-tune to your body. because i was on the pill for 7 years i really never felt ovulation but being that ive been off for a month or less i actually noticed a slight pain in my ovary and at the same time i used the CM method and i knew i had ovulated. that was 2 days ago so we will see what happens. these boards are awsome for info! good luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-25-2005, 11:01 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

ladybug8372 HB User
Re: Preparing for TTC

i dont know much about the pill..but i will offer once piece of advice here. if you do not want to get pregnant now...i would wait until you know you are ready! some women get pg as soon as they miss a pill....some women...depending on timing, depending on if there are any problems, alot of circumstances could cause you to not get pg right away....it may take a few months. so, if you are not prepared to get pregnant this month, or next month...i would hold off. no one can plan "the month" that they are going to get pregnant in...it doesnt work like that....once in a blue moon, it may happen like that...but its not something you can count on. i would love to be able to "plan" the perfect time to get pg....valentines day, mothers day, MIL's b-day, christmas.....you know, special days, to make the day even more special...but it just doesnt always work out like you wish it would. hope this helps.

Closed Thread