It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Trying to Conceive (TTC) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-27-2005, 01:59 PM   #1
(male)

latin22 HB User
ttc need some advice plz

hello everyone.me and my wife are trying to conceive.we have been unsuccessful so far.We have sex everyday.Is it best to have sex every three days or two days.I'm taking Korean Ginseng cuase I read that is good for increasing sperm count.I also read that if we have sex on the day she ovulates that I could have a boy and if I have sex 2-3 days before ovulation I could have a girl.Any advice would help

Old 02-27-2005, 05:12 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

rayray9 HB User
Re: ttc need some advice plz

sounds like you've got the info you need. is your wife using any OPK's? they are ovulation tests you can buy in the store. just start testing them on day 10-15 of her cycle. its better chances if you baby dance the time when she is ovulating. and yes you can have a boy if you do it the day she ovulates for the (male) sperm are quicker. so they will reach the egg faster. well get her to try robitussin too. i hear it helps with her CM. (cerivcal muscous) how long have you been trying? there is only a 20-25% chance if you do everything right to get PG> good luck

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-27-2005, 05:46 PM   #3
(male)

latin22 HB User

So is it best to have sex every other day or is it ok to have sex everyday when trying to conceive?

Old 02-27-2005, 06:15 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

rayray9 HB User

well unless your sperm count is low it is ok to do it everyday. if it is low then every other day. good luck.

Old 02-28-2005, 12:51 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

here4support HB User
Talking Re: ttc need some advice plz

Quote:
Originally Posted by latin22
hello everyone.me and my wife are trying to conceive.we have been unsuccessful so far.We have sex everyday.Is it best to have sex every three days or two days.I'm taking Korean Ginseng cuase I read that is good for increasing sperm count.I also read that if we have sex on the day she ovulates that I could have a boy and if I have sex 2-3 days before ovulation I could have a girl.Any advice would help
latin22:

From what I've researched having sex everyday isn't good. Whether you have a high sperm count or not. I just read recently in my Glamour magazine that men usually need 36 to 48 hours to restock a sufficent number of sperm after intercourse. Daily sex can mean that the man doesn't have enough sperm during the small window of time around ovulation. To prevent this from happening doctors advise having sex every other day during the span of days your fertile.

In any given month the chances of getting pregnant are 10-15% for a man and woman who are both under 35 and healthy and trying to conceive. AFter a year of trying 88% of such couples will be pregnant; after 2 years of trying 95% will be pregnant. On average, a couple of 30 year olds will take six months to conceive and a couple in which both are 35 will take nine months.

Cutting down on alcohol and caffine will help you conceive. Quitting smoking is also key. There are no magical positions, or days to have sex in order to conceive a boy or a girl

Good luck!

Last edited by here4support; 02-28-2005 at 12:52 PM.

Old 03-01-2005, 06:46 PM   #6
(female)

skl_1979 HB User

Here4support is right, for the most part, what I'm saying is the female needs to cut the caffine but men should keep it up because it increases moblity! Not to say that you need to start drinking it or drink more of it. There are also vitamines that men should be taking to help your body out. 400mg(?) or more of Zinc and Gin Sing is also good for your body and mind- check out the web for certain sights that discuse this topic in reference to TTC. As for Boy/Girl and when the best time is I still think that it is a bunch of crap. It all boils down to genetics even at the microsopic level. Good luck,
-S

Old 03-01-2005, 08:55 PM   #7
Inactive
(female)

rayray9 HB User

well they say with scientific proof that male sperm are quicker and female are slower but live longer. that is at a microscopic level. but im no scientist. good luck latin

Old 03-01-2005, 09:06 PM   #8
Inactive
(female)

rayray9 HB User

OK did some research here. EVERY website says something different. so hey go at it like you never have before and just thank the master above for a healthy pregnancy and baby. as long as it has 10 toes and 10 fingers who cares right!!!

Old 03-03-2005, 06:04 AM   #9
Senior Veteran

sammieP HB User

I have been informed that it is better to have intercourse every other day when ttc, im not sure about the boy and girl thing, sounds like a myth to me.

Here4support - great info

Good luck latin22 with ttc, keep us posted

Old 03-03-2005, 12:40 PM   #10
Inactive
(female)

nastabasta HB User

it is best to have sex every other day starting a week or so before ovulation, then on the day of ovulation, and then the day after ,,, just to be safe!!
as far as the boy vs, girl thing, it's absolutely true that female sperm are larger and slower and they live longer. so a lot of poeple say that having sex a few days before ovulation is the way to have a girl. who knows what the chances of that working though?
i know for sure that my sister in law and her susband did the act more than a week before she ovulated an they still had a son. so there you go.

i wish there was a way you could ensure one sex or the other by timing sex, but there really isn't. and also if you are trying to have a baby you want to maximize your chances. if you only have sex a few days before ovulation and then stop, or if you only have sex on the day of ovulation, then you are cutting down your chances of getting pregnant.
best of luck.

Old 03-04-2005, 01:53 PM   #11
(male)

latin22 HB User

Thank you to everyone who responded to my post.My wife already ovulated and we did the baby dance on that day and the day other so we have our fingers crossed.I will keep u posted.

Old 03-05-2005, 01:25 AM   #12
Senior Veteran

sammieP HB User

Good luck, i will keep my fingers crossed for you.

Sprinklings of babydust being sent your way

Old 03-10-2005, 02:22 PM   #13
(male)

latin22 HB User

I have a question.My wife has been saying she has been feeling some flutters in her stomach region close to her vagina.Is that a sign of pregnancy?
Another question is my wife was telling me that the first born child looks like the mother but not like the father so much, but the second child looks like the father and less like the mother.Is that true? Sorry if thats a silly question LOL.

Last edited by latin22; 03-10-2005 at 02:28 PM.

Old 03-11-2005, 02:21 PM   #14
Senior Veteran

sammieP HB User

I have flutters in my stomach just thinking about being pregnant, you will just have to wait and see although i know how frustrating that is, there are a few flutters down there at the moment because im 11dpo so due af in a few days or so, so that could be another reason for the flutters.

With ref to the second question - im not 100% but my sister (being the 1st born) looked alot like my mum and me, (2nd child) look so much like my dad its untrue so she could be correct or it could be coincidence that that is how it worked with us! It could again be a myth but you never know. Let me know if you find out the answer to that one.

Keep us posted and baby dust to you

Old 03-14-2005, 01:41 PM   #15
Inactive
(female)

nastabasta HB User

i've heard that if the first child is a boy he will look like the mom and if it's a girl it'll look like the dad. but it's all silly anyway,,,,just for fun!!

Closed Thread