It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Trying to Conceive (TTC) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-06-2005, 07:09 AM   #1

stanky HB User
coverline temps

does your temp need to be extreme high above your coverline to be pg, or just above your coverline? I am only 8dpo, my temps are above my coverline, but not very high. Another question is it better to do the bd on the day you o or the day after you o, if your are only doing the bd every other day? Because I am having a hard time knowing what day I actually o on. I am going bannanas waiting, I don't have a very good feeling this month, which bums me out!!! Anyone else waiting?

Old 03-06-2005, 02:06 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

nastabasta HB User
Re: coverline temps

to maximize your chances of getting pregnant, doctors recommend you start the bd a few days before ovulation, that you bd the day of o and the day after. it's generally better if you bd every other day rather than every day. if you're not sure exactly when you o, you can start bding every other day during the middle 2 weeks of your cycle. using an opk should help you narrow down the day. sorry, but i'm not sure about the temp question as i'm not a fan of charting (it never worked for me).

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-07-2005, 08:47 AM   #3
Senior Veteran

sammieP HB User

I believe you should bbdance before you o and every other day thereafter, my temps are to just above the coverline and have been since day 1 i am now 7dpo so im hoping they will remain high but knowing my luck they will drop a day or 2 before day 14!

Good luck

Old 03-07-2005, 01:00 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

nastabasta HB User

once you o, the egg is only viable for at most a couple of days. therefore, it you bd on the day of o and the day after you should be good. the reason they say to start bd a few days before o, is that sperm can live for up to a week in your body. so they can hang out and wait for o to happen. whereas once you o and the egg is no longer viable you have lost your window of opportunity.

Old 03-07-2005, 04:20 PM   #5

Living4Him HB User

From what I've read sperm takes about 24 hours to reach the tube where the egg is. So if you bd on day of o you will likely miss the window. Also I've read that the egg may only last 6-12 hours. Usually conception occurs when the sperm is in the tube waiting for the egg to be released. Of course to cover all bases bd before, during and after o. Hope this helps! Good luck to everyone.

Closed Thread