It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Trying to Conceive (TTC) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-07-2005, 04:25 AM   #1
(female)

lilalegna HB User
af came!

af came lastnight. do i dare say it? am i becomming normal?!?! i have a question... so my doc described provera as giving me a fake period, so should i count this as being a normal cycle? i mean, if this is a fake period, when i stop, could i start a real period shortly after?
thanks
lil

Old 03-07-2005, 07:46 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

bronicagirl HB User
Re: af came!

hiya,
sorry dunno answer to your question but pleased for you that AF has returned.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-07-2005, 08:44 AM   #3
Senior Veteran

sammieP HB User

Congrats on the af, i too am waiting to see what happens when i come off my Norethisterone tablets, apparently af will arrive 2 days after my last tablet which will be next thurs, unless im pregnant of course. Who knows but it would be nice to be back to normal. Im on the understanding that you should get a non fake af the following month but dont quote me on that, hopefully someone out there will know the answer for sure! Good luck

Old 03-07-2005, 12:57 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

nastabasta HB User

hi lilalegna,
i too was on provera last month to induce my period. i got my "fake period" 5 days after i took the last pill. then, for some reason, i got another period two weeks later.
i had some blood drawn last week to check out my hormone levels. i'm actually going to my doctor tomorrow to get the results and to talk to him about the second af. i will definitely keep you posted on what he says.

Old 03-07-2005, 05:32 PM   #5
(female)

lilalegna HB User

we are leaving for florida next week, so hopefully a nice vacation will help everything get back to normal as well. i just need to not think about getting pregnant, but it's so much easier said than done.

Old 03-08-2005, 01:53 PM   #6
(female)

skl_1979 HB User

Lila,
i was going to say I was sorry that AF came but I guess in your case it is a good thing! Much luck to you and have a nice quiet vacation! AS for your question I have no answer for you.
-S

Old 03-08-2005, 01:57 PM   #7
Inactive
(female)

nastabasta HB User

hi lila, i promised to update you after my appt. so here it goes:

i went to the md today after 4 months of irregular periods(2 very long cycles, one cycle of provera, followed by 2 periods in one month) and he told me that i have pcos. i was really suprised because i have none of the symptoms that i've read are associated with pcos (such as being overweigh, baldness, facial hair, etc). anyway, he's having me start on clomid in my next cycle and also on a drug called glucophage. i would really appreciate any imput from anyone who had has pcos or has tried clomid or glucophage. i'm a bit sad after hearing this news as i was hoping that everything would turn up normal.

Closed Thread