It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Trying to Conceive (TTC) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-09-2005, 02:49 PM   #1
(female)

Noel's girl HB User
I'm Back

Well, I am back. I went to the doctor about two weeks ago for a vaginal ultrasound and the doctor could not find the baby. I went do blood work to check my HCG levels and they were 36,000 I had to wait 48 hours later and do more blood work to see if my HCG levels would double and they did not. They just went up to about 42,000. So I went do another ultrasound and they still could not find the baby, so the doctor told me I had what's called empty sack syndrome. He said that for some reason that there not quite sure of yet that everything formed like it should of for the baby, but there was just no baby there. Needless to say I was crushed. I had to have a D and C done to remove the sack. So that means no sex for 6 weeks and no getting pregnant for 3 months. Has anyone else had this happen to them before, I asked my doctor what my chances of this happening again he said my chances are no greater than anyone else. He also said that this happens to women often but the just do not know that it is an empty sack because they do not do ultrasounds as early as i did I was only about 10 weeks. And I can not find any information about it on the internet does anyone know a web site that has info about empty sack syndrome. Thanks a bunch to everyone!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-09-2005, 03:04 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

bronicagirl HB User
Re: I'm Back

Im pretty sure, i think, its also called a blighted ovum, try serching for that.

Really sorry to hear your news. (((hugs)))

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-10-2005, 08:43 AM   #3
Senior Veteran

sammieP HB User

So sorry for you, really i am, i hope you have all the support you need from your family and as you know we are all here for you too. <<<HUGS>>>

Old 03-10-2005, 05:06 PM   #4
(female)

Noel's girl HB User

Thank you for the information I found a bunch more sights under blighted ovum. I saw on more than one sight that some people believe that it might be caused by a virus or premature x-rays, and the week I found out that I was pregnant I had a horrible virus that lasted about three days, so that could of had something to do with it. My doctor also told me that since in my early weeks of pregnncy that I was exposed to fifth's disease (slap measles) that he would have been worried about the health of the baby that something could have been wrong with the baby mentally or physically, or even the babies organs. I know I am rambiling on but I know some of you ladies in here know what I am going through to some extint. Thanks for taking time out to listen to me ramble.

Old 03-11-2005, 03:09 PM   #5
Senior Veteran

sammieP HB User

Keep your chin up huney, im thinking of you and hoping things work out for you, it must be so hard for you, if you need to let it out im here for you, just ramble

Old 03-31-2005, 01:02 PM   #6
(female)

louiseb HB User

so sorry to hear your news, my thoughts are with you and dh. take care and all the best.
louise

Closed Thread