It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Trying to Conceive (TTC) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-11-2005, 10:28 AM   #1
(female)

Florida77 HB User
How long did it take for AF after stopping Birth Control Pills?

I stopped my BC pills in Jan after 12 YEARS STRAIGHT on them! My last period was Jan 15, right after I got off of BC pills. I have been having sex a few times each week and have still not gotten my period. I took a hpt about two weeks ago which came back negative and think I will take another one this weekend. But I don't really have any symptoms - a few cramps here and there but nothing else. I know it can take a while to get regular, but I was curious how long it took for others to get their first period and to become regular?

Last edited by Florida77; 03-11-2005 at 10:28 AM.

Old 03-13-2005, 11:23 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

nastabasta HB User
Re: How long did it take for AF after stopping Birth Control Pills?

it can take a few months for your body to readjust. it may take a couple of months but for some people it takes longer.
if it doesn't come soon, you can call your doctor and they can prescribe a medication called provera that induces your af. that's what i ended up doing. i was in your shoes.... came off the bcp in november and got af right away. then didn't have af until 40 days later. then i had it but then again no af for over 50 days. so i went to the doctor and they gave me provera and i had af within 2 weeks.
hope this helps.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-22-2005, 11:18 AM   #3
(female)

thelovelyamber HB User

i just talked to my doctor about this today. we want to start ttc in december. she said to stop taking the pill in sept/oct. here's why: you stop taking the pill, then you have the placebo week- that's not a "real" period, it's still a bc period- you didn't ovulate. then the next month(for me that'd be november) your body is realizing- oh wait, i can act normally now. so it takes that month for your body to adjust. then you get af again- it's possible to concieve before this, but apparently not likely. then for me, it's december and we can start bd and expecting postive results.

Old 03-23-2005, 07:14 AM   #4
(female)

angiedaw HB User

I went off the pill in November. I stopped after my last week of pills. I had my period that week, then at 35,32, 40 days for the next three months. I am guessing that since I am getting AF, that I am ovulating? I got all kinds of weird cramps the first month off the pill, lactating, etc. I am on month 4 now of trying, and still no baby. However this is the first month that I have noticed an increase of CM( day 21), so hopefully that means that I o'd.
I am on day 26 now, and still have plenty of CM.

Angie

Old 03-23-2005, 02:34 PM   #5
Inactive
(female)

nastabasta HB User

angie,
did you say you were lactating? have you talked to your md about this? this could be a sign of an underlying condition. you also said that the months after you stopped the pill your cycles were 35, 32, and 40 days long. those are pretty long cycles. coupled with the lactation it might be wise to talk to your doctor.

Closed Thread