It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Trying to Conceive (TTC) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-11-2005, 04:34 PM   #1
(female)

MsSarah HB User
Help!!!

ok i dont know if i am in the right forum for this but i really need help.

ok here the story.

my period ranges from 28-32 days. my boyfriend and i slept together 4 days before my period now. he finished in me because we are ttc. he finished in me a lot and for 3 days. according to the ovulation calculator the last day of my ovulation was march 1st, we first slept together march 4th. i was due for my period on the 8th and it came as usual.the last day we had sex was the 6th. i ended my period today, and i took a pregnancy test, and it came back positive, how is it im pregnant?

Old 03-12-2005, 08:23 AM   #2
Senior Veteran

sammieP HB User
Re: Help!!!

um, good question.
Did you carry out the test correctly?
Did you read the test correctly?
Was it deffinately af?

Its confusing but you can apparently have a period and be pregnant, my friend had a period for 3 months running whilst pregnant, or so she tells me, so is it at all possible that you concieved during the last cycle and not this one?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-12-2005, 11:54 AM   #3
Senior Veteran

laurabelle1317 HB User
Re: Help!!!

If you are pregnant, conception wouldn't have occured 4 days before your period. Conception can only occur about 4 (sometimes but rarely 5) days before you ovulate and up to the day after you ovulate. It then takes 7-10 days for the fertilized egg to implant, which is then when the body starts producing the pregnancy hormone which is what shows up as positive on a pregnancy test. So having sex 4 days before your period would not result in conception. But having sex at other times would. With a 28-32 day cycle, you would probably (but not definitely) ovulate sometime between cycle day 13 and 20.

Anyhow, it is possible that you got pregnant sometime when you had sex around ovulation. Some women will still have their period. Some will have a light period or just spotting. I wuld take another test to double chekc - or make a visit to your Dr so they can do a test there.

Closed Thread