It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Trying to Conceive (TTC) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-14-2005, 08:57 AM   #1
(female)

Patty2282 HB User
Question TTC#1 and Have ? pls Help

Well my story is like this I've been ttc for about 1yr (may ill make the year) and I've gone to like 3 Dr. because I have spotting and small cramping in between periods just around when im Oing and they all tell me its normal, Ive even had a internal sono to check if i have cyst and i dont.
-Well my question is has anyone experience this and was able to concieve?
-another question is well most of the times that i bd im very dry (sorry tmi) and i heard the certain jellys can kill the sperm so we have use saliva as lube(agian sorry if this is TMI) and i read this can also be dangerous...now i wonder if this may have been the cause that i havent been able to concieve?

Thanks a bunch ladies for any info i get..hopefully is month i caught an egg..hope my ugly AF doesnt show her ugly face this month sending everyone lots of +++++++ and baby dust to all!!!!

Old 03-14-2005, 10:01 AM   #2
(female)

AnnieinPA HB User
Re: TTC#1 and Have ? pls Help

Hi Patty!

Using saliva is definitely a bad idea because it kills sperm! I had recommended to a previous poster getting the book "Taking Charge of Your Fertility" by Tony Weschler and would do the same for you. She has several tips for when you are more dry and don't have a lot of CM. One of them that I found interesting was to use actual raw e***hites as a lubricant. There is a tiny risk that you could get sick from it, but the risk is so small. Also, there is a lubricant called "pre seed" I think... I could be wrong about the name, but supposedly you can use it and it does not kill sperm like KY, or saliva.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-16-2005, 10:19 AM   #3
Senior Veteran

sammieP HB User

Drinking green tea is meant to help you when you do not produce alot of cm, i have noticed that i have a lot more cm since drinking it, i have anything between 3 - 5 cups a day and once you get used to the taste it really isnt that bad, give that a try and also try and get hold of tcoyf book, it really helped me out, its my bible now, if i need an answer to a question, most of the time i will find it in there.

Good luck

Old 03-16-2005, 10:26 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

bronicagirl HB User

Yesterday i read new reserch out, drinking green tea is now linked to spina bifida.

Old 03-16-2005, 10:29 AM   #5
Senior Veteran

sammieP HB User

omg, dont drink green tea then just get the book and see if that helps, i thought you could use ky? anyone know any different?

Old 03-16-2005, 10:34 AM   #6
Inactive
(female)

nastabasta HB User

all the books i've heard have said NOT to use ky as it kills sperm. however i've heard about using e***hites. i've never used it myself but it's supposed to work. isn't robitussin also supposed to help?

Old 03-16-2005, 10:46 AM   #7
Veteran
(female)

bronicagirl HB User

forgot to say, you can also use raw egg whites for lubericant. you have to let it settle at room temperature for a while, then use only a tiny amount

Old 03-17-2005, 07:28 AM   #8
(female)

Patty2282 HB User

I hear Ky kills sperms because the acid in it...and i hear saliva also has that same reaction...godwilling it i caught and egg regardless...good luck ttc to all!!
-Patty

Old 03-31-2005, 09:39 PM   #9
Veteran
(female)

Sherbet HB User

Hey girls...

I read that taking evening primrose oil as a suppliment can increase c/m, I started taking them and this month noticed a difference. NOTE: once pregnant you should stop taking them as it can cause uterus contractions and we don't want that! PS... I'm getting a few pg symptoms too but don't want to jinx it...!!! I feel hungover in the morning and don't feel much like eating, I also have lots of saliva in my mouth and my nipples have darkened slightly.... x fingers...

Old 04-01-2005, 12:16 PM   #10
Senior Veteran

sammieP HB User

Sherbet, when can you test - soundes exciting

Old 04-01-2005, 02:12 PM   #11
(female)

tamaraheiner HB User

i got pregnant on KY jelly last time...if it kills sperm, it didn't kill that many of them

Old 04-18-2005, 09:53 AM   #12
Inactive
(female)

Ivana HB User

The new product on the market for women who are TTC and is 100% safe on sperm is PRESEED...nothing else comes close to being the same PH and having the same properties as the real thing.

You could certainly still conceive using KY but this may not be good on a man who already has low sperm count or problems with sperm motility.

Old 04-23-2005, 09:40 PM   #13
(female)

shysbabydoll HB User

What about vaseline? I'm having trouble now and then with dryness and we've used a little bit of vaseline. Any dangers there? I'm looking for preseed, but no luck so far in my northern Ontario canada town
I wonder if eBay has it? LOL
Love, Luck, Lollipops and Babydust to all
Jenna

Closed Thread