It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Trying to Conceive (TTC) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-16-2005, 02:08 PM   #1
(female)

AngelBaby189 HB User
Ovulook?!?

Hey i was wondering if anyone on here uses a microscope to detect ovulation? Have you ever heard of or used one called Ovulook? Im not trying to conceive but i am using it as a form of birthcontrol. Hormonal birthcontrol messes with my body and makes me sick. I ordered the ovulook microscope online {removed}. Also some ovulation urine tests as well. i was just wondering how good the microscope works for detecting ovulation? Any feedback would be nice thanks.

Last edited by Modinatrix21; 05-03-2005 at 04:28 AM. Reason: Read posting rules.

Old 03-16-2005, 05:16 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

nastabasta HB User
Re: Ovulook?!?

i have one but have not found it very useful. but i think some of the ladies here really love theirs.
but then again i probably have not ovulated since coming off the pill in nov.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-16-2005, 05:58 PM   #3
(female)

AngelBaby189 HB User

Thanks for repling. So you havent seen any ferns? If so are they hard to see? I am just hoping i can see them. When do you test? And how often do you do it? What time of day? I was thinking of testing everyday in the morning before i eat or brush my teeth. Do you think thats ok?

Old 03-17-2005, 12:39 AM   #4
(female)

Sliminside HB User

Hi I used the ovatel microscope for ttc which worked for me as i`m now about 6 weeks pregnant but what i wanted to point out is that the scope info that came with mine says that you should NOT depend on it for birthcontrol so i`d try and get some info on yours if you can, I used mine for 2 months and it worked just fine ( i used it first thing in the morning before i did anything else) and i collected the saliva from under my tongue, i fell pregnant very quickly (only tried for 3 months) and only used scope 2 months so be very carefull if you dont want a baby i`d use something else and not depend on the scope for birthcontrol.
Hope that helps a little.

Old 03-17-2005, 05:35 AM   #5
(female)

AngelBaby189 HB User

When you see FERNING on the scope does that mean your gunna ovulate? Or does it mean the egg has already been released? Were gunna be using condoms too, but i just want to make sure i know when i ovulate so i can steer clear of any males lol. How about ovulation urine tests how good do they work? When you get a positive on your urine test does that mean the egg has been released? Or is gunna be released soon? Any info would be nice thanks!

Old 03-17-2005, 06:46 AM   #6
(female)

Sliminside HB User

Hi the scope tells you a few days before your going to ovulate, when you see slight ferning that the start you should see more ferns over the next few days, I`ve not used the urine strips but i`ve read that they only tell you when ovulation has already taken place, hope that helps.

Old 03-17-2005, 06:56 AM   #7
(female)

AngelBaby189 HB User

Thank you very much your info is very helpful. im just wondering why your scope hasnt worked for you? Have you seen any ferning at all on your scope? Have you recently been on birthcontrol? Do you have a regular period? My periods i thought were regular but as i looked at them there not. I keep track of my periods every month. So going by the last 6 months counting from the day i start my period until the day i start my next period this is what my cycles have been.

Period 1- 34
Period 2- 32
Period 3- 32
Period 4- 35
Period 5- 27
Period 6- 28

So you would i figure out exactly how many days my cycle is? I stopped the pill Feb.13, that was also the date of my period on Feb. I just had a period in March 12-15. Im sorry if i am bothering you, but you seem to know more than me.

Old 03-17-2005, 12:46 PM   #8
Inactive
(female)

nastabasta HB User

hi there,
i was on the bcp for 3 years and just came off them the beginning of november. i don't think that i've ovulated since and that's why the scope has not worked for me. i was just diagnosed with pcos last week and that pretty much confirms that i haven't been ovulating regularly.
as for your earlier question, the directions to mine say that the best time to test is first thing in the morning, before you have anything to eat, drink, or brush your teeth.
by looking at your numbers it looks like your cycles aren't that regular. that will make it harder to pinpoint ovulation each month. but you said that you will be using a condom as well. so that should be relatively good. just remember that condoms are only 97% effective and if you absolutely don't want to have a baby right now, you should look into a more reliable method of birth control.
best wishes.

Closed Thread