It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Trying to Conceive (TTC) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-16-2005, 03:25 PM   #1
(female)

Mallorie HB User
Lightbulb Tried to get pregnant for 1st time..help!!

[FONT=Georgia][SIZE=1][COLOR=Black][I]

Hi,
My husband I tried the past 4 days to get pregnant, my last period was 3/2; when can I take a test, when will we know? Should I stop drinking my one cup of coffee a day? Should I stop my aerobics kickboxing class? When should I stop eating fish/ or do I have stop? New at all of this obviously! Any tips will help.

Thank you in advance!

Last edited by Mallorie; 03-16-2005 at 03:26 PM.

Old 03-16-2005, 05:15 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

nastabasta HB User
Re: Tried to get pregnant for 1st time..help!!

if you have a normal 28 day cycle you should be able to test by the end of the month or early april. if your cycle is 28 days, you probably ovulated around the 16th and should be able to test around the 28th.
as far as eating fish, i have never heard that you can't have any fish at all when you are pregnant. i've heard that you can't have raw fish (sushi) and that most experts tell you to avoid fish that are at the top of the food chain (tu such as tuna and shark) because the amount of mercury in them is higher than it is in smaller fish. that's because they eat smaller fish and build up more and more mercury in their system.
most doctors would tell you to keep up with your exercise routine. however, since kickboxing is so high impact, you'll want to check with your obgyn to make sure it's safe. you may have to tone your routine down a bit.
everything i've read says that one cup of coffee a day won't hurt. but personally i know i won't have it when i'm pregnant. better safe than sorry, right?
hope this helps and please keep us updated.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread