It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Trying to Conceive (TTC) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-17-2005, 07:49 AM   #1
(male)

latin22 HB User
disappointment

Well my wife was suppose to start her period today and she didn't but the urine test we took came out negative.I hoping that she doesn't get her period later today.Which is the best HPT to use? We used E.P.T this morning.
My wife has been complaining about pain in her vaginal area.Is this a sign of pregnancy or something else?

Old 03-17-2005, 01:17 PM   #2
Senior Veteran

sammieP HB User
Re: disappointment

First response can detect pregnancy 3 days before af is due, clear blue is meant to be a good one but sometimes a woman does not produce enough hcg for the test to pick up, leave it a couple of days (hard i know) and test again if af has not arrived.

Good luck and keep us posted

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-26-2005, 07:25 AM   #3
(male)

latin22 HB User
Unhappy Re: disappointment

My wife got her period again and I was very unhappy.She was over a week late. I don't know what we are doing wrong.She was on birth control but stopped in December.Could that be a factor? She was on the pill for a year.
Its so hard to tell when she is ovulating cause in Jan. her period came on the 5th, in Feb. the 17th, and this month the 22nd.We tried one of those saliva testers for ovulation but it didn't help at all.We couldn't see any ferns in the microscope. Any one have any suggestions for us.

Old 03-26-2005, 08:02 AM   #4

caedmyn HB User

There's a book called Taking Charge of Your Fertility. Has lots of great information and should help you figure out when she ovulates. Going off birth control can mess up her cycles for at least 3 months, so don't be concerned if she's not having regular/normal cycles yet. Going off BC has certainly messed up my cycles, and I was only on it for a year, also.

Good luck!

Old 03-26-2005, 12:03 PM   #5
Senior Veteran

sammieP HB User

The birth control can make her cycles irregular, there is a natural herbal drug called vitex/angus chaste berry which can help the cycles return to normal.

Another thing she could start doing is taking her temps each morning when she wakes and charting her temps, this helps to predict ovulation and the best time to bbdance, it is all explained in Taking Charge Of Your Fertility by Toni Weschler, i got mine out at the library and because it was so informative and usefull i went a bought myself a copy, i have yet to put the book down, its full of so much usefull info for both you a your dw, my dh has read parts of it so its not just designed for the female and now he understands my cycles, sometimes more than i do lol

Let us know how you get on and good luck

Closed Thread