It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Trying to Conceive (TTC) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-23-2005, 09:14 AM   #1
(female)

72Lena HB User
Unhappy I didn't realize getting pregnant was going to be so hard I feel so discouraged

I am married. My husband and I are ready to start a family. After being on the pill for about 7 years I went off of it. I was taking my temp with a basil thermometer and so forth. This is only the second month of us trying. I went off the pill in January.

Why does it seem like I never really needed to be on the pill in the first place? Everything I hear and read about people that are trying to concieve, the chances of a woman getting pregnant each month are 10-15%!

Then you see all these women having babies left and right! Getting pregnant with out a problem! I'm just so flustered.

I'm 28 and my husband is 33. I don't think we are too old to start concieving. I think maybe I'm just jumping the gun a little bit since this is only our second month trying.

Baby dust to all of you

Old 03-23-2005, 12:56 PM   #2
(female)

NoBabyBrooklyn HB User
Re: I didn't realize getting pregnant was going to be so hard I feel so discouraged

Girl I have been tring for ever. I lost my Virginity @ 14 and nothing has ever happened. Im 25 and now im dedicated to this. I guess i have wsted alot of time, by not gettin tested or pushing the issue. But you cant stop me from getting the info I need. The DOC, finally got me on some medication. "CLOMID". This is my first day of the medication and I pray to god everynight that this works.
So Get everything checked out like your Hormones and all that stuff. Try to get that Clomid I heard it works

GOOD LUCK

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-23-2005, 02:46 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

nastabasta HB User
Re: I didn't realize getting pregnant was going to be so hard I feel so discouraged

hang in there lena,
i do understand your frustration. dh and i have been ttc for 5 months. i am 24, fit and healthy, have never done drugs, never smoked, and it seems so unfair somedays that other people get pregnant so quickly. to make matters worse i have just been told i have pcos and it will be that much harder for me to conceive naturally. so i'm taking meds for that and clomid (to make me ovulate) next month.
i hope that things will work out for you soon. it's normal for your body to take a couple months to adjust after coming off the pill. if your periods are still irregular in a couple of months, you might want to get a blood tests to make sure your hormones and thyroid are functioning normally. try not to stress out because that can make it harder to conceive.
best of luck and i hope you get a bfp one of these days

Old 03-23-2005, 08:10 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

faeriegirl25 HB User

This is our 2nd month trying and I know your frustration. To be honest, I was frustrated after the first one didn't work.. I know that sometimes it takes time, but I really want this badly, as I know you do too. Hun, there are many older couples that are TTC and have success!! Hang in there and try not to let this frustration stop you from trying. Any time you need to vent or have any questions, you can post here.
Take Care
Fae

Old 03-24-2005, 06:16 AM   #5
(female)

72Lena HB User
Unhappy Re: I didn't realize getting pregnant was going to be so hard I feel so discouraged

Ladies thanks for posting I was beginning to think no one would come in here and offer me support!

Anyway I am just perplexed how let's take for instance, my sister in law, who got pregnant BEFORE they got married (she was like 21) and her daughter is 2 now, and she is pregnant again! It just seems like she can get pregnant twice and I still haven't gotten pregnant!

I guess I'm just angry, hurt, and just frustrated. Not only that but I'm overweight (also currently doing Weight Watchers to change my eating habits and lose) but still...I know that has a lot to do with not getting preg.

Feel sad

Old 03-24-2005, 10:01 AM   #6
Inactive
(female)

nastabasta HB User

lena,
doing weight watchers is a step in the right direction. you're taking charge of your well-being. keep it up and i know you'll get excellent results.
well, let me tell you a sister in law story. my sil is 32 now. she got pregnant with her first after just a few months of trying when she was 30 (i'm not saying that 30 is old at all. but i'm 24 and this is supposed to be the peak of my fertility and it's obviously not. so that's what ticks me off). anyway she was breastfeeding her son and she wasn't really using any birth control. well, six months after her first son was born she turned up pregnant again.
i love my nephew dearly and am glad that i'll have another in a couple of months. but when i first heard the news i just froze. i felt like i was a failure because i had to try so hard and she could do it without even trying, just 6 months after giving birth,
but we can't let these things get to us. we have to hang in there. it'll happen for us someday too.

Old 03-24-2005, 10:39 AM   #7
(female)

divastar02 HB User

Me and My husband tried for over a year to concieve our daughter. I had basil body charts, took preconception multi vitamins, we had sex at all the right moments.....but it still took a long time!! In NOvember, the month before I got pregnant, I decided to quit trying. I threw away my thermometer and charts and everything. What do you know... we got pregnant as soon as we QUIT trying. We laugh about how funny life can be. I got pregnant with my first, when I was young and on birthcontrol and didnt want one...and then my second that I did want took so long. It really makes you realize that the future baby you are trying to have is really in someone bigger's hands.
good luck

MIchelle

Old 03-24-2005, 11:41 AM   #8
(female)

Noel's girl HB User

I have the same story, my dh and I have been trying what seems like forever to finally get pregnant and it end in a miscarriage. While my sister in law on the other hand got pregnant in like a 5 month time after dating her then boyfriend (who is a butt). Not to say I do not love my niece dearly but it is hard because we want one so badly and it has not happened yet, and now we have to wait 3 months to even begin to try again. But dh and I realized the same thing, when we really stopped trying is when we did get pregnant, even though it did end like it did. So just try to relax, and remember practice makes perfect.

Old 03-24-2005, 01:15 PM   #9
(female)

72Lena HB User
Unhappy Re: I didn't realize getting pregnant was going to be so hard I feel so discouraged

Nastabasta thanks for sharing the story of your sister in law. I am glad to hear I'm not the only one who reacted the way I did. I think what makes me even more bitter is because of all the dirty crap my (husband's brother's wife) has pulled. She is immature, and never worked, she is lazy and she sits around starting "family drama" with my husband and I, and his mom. It is just too much for me at times.

One time she emailed my husband and told him he'd better sit down and have a long talk with me about getting pregnant soon, cause we are both getting old! I was 27 at the time and dh was 32! OMG!!!! I was so ticked off...and as if it is her BUSINESS ANYWAY!

I guess that is why it makes me a little more bitter. Cause she is a b-

Noel's girl, I'm so sorry about your miscarriage. I wish you many sprinkles of baby dust for you and your husband. That had to be a very hard time for you both. You are right though eventually all that practice will make one!

divastar02 Thanks for the kind words and you are absolutley correct, it is in someones bigger hands!

Old 03-25-2005, 11:49 AM   #10
(female)

tamaraheiner HB User

Oh, I"ve noticed this too! It seems unfair that all the teenagers get pregnant so easily and never miscarry, when we miscarried and wanted the baby so badly... soon, we pray

Old 03-25-2005, 12:27 PM   #11
Inactive
(female)

nastabasta HB User

yes tamara,
that is what is so frustrating to me too ... that there are so many unwanted pregnancies out there and so many poor little babies born into homes where they are not even wanted. meanwhile we hope and pray for a baby every day. it just seems so unfair. but as my dh likes to say, there is no fair or unfair about it. it is what it is. we just have to hold out hope that someday we'll be blessed with a child.
honestly until a little while ago i didn't realize how many pregnancies end in m/s. two of my dh's cousins had a m/s in the first two months. it's just so scary to me. i pray that we all get bfps soon and carry to term and have healthy babies.

lena, don't pay any attention to your sil. she seems like a mean-spirited person who likes to create drama. as long as you and dh are a united front, that's all that matters. and by the way, 28 is sooooo not old. my mom had my sister 11 years ago at age 37 and my sister is a perfectly normal, healthy child. women are having successful pregnancies in their 40s even.

noels girl, i'm really sorry about your m/s. lots of hugs and prayers to all you ladies.

Old 03-25-2005, 04:27 PM   #12
(female)

72Lena HB User
Talking Re: I didn't realize getting pregnant was going to be so hard I feel so discouraged

nastabasta, thanks!

I was born in 1976 and my mother had me when she was 42!!!! I'm normal! So I know if she was having me at 42 back then (my mom had 9 kids and I'm the youngest, her and my father will celebrate 50 years of marriage in May!) then I know that at 28 I should be able to conceive!!!

Old 03-28-2005, 01:33 PM   #13
(female)

SangReal HB User

Lena, relax. It's only been two months of trying! I know that sounds like a long time to you, but in the grand scheme of things it isn't that long and doesn't necessarily indicate anything's wrong. A perfectly healthy woman has a 10-15% chance of getting pregnant in any given month, but that also means she has a 85-90% chance of not conceiving! I'm not saying this to dishearten you and make you think you'll never get pregnant. You will. I'm saying it to let you know you're probably normal and nothing is wrong. I have heard that the Pill does strange things so it could take a few months for your cycle to get normal. Just don't get discouraged. Like you said, it's in Somebody else's hands - and those hands have perfect timing.

I'm sorry to hear about your family drama...it seems like your sister in law is a real brat. Twenty seven is SOOOO not old! Good luck on trying to have a little bundle of joy.

Blessings and baby dust,

Mary

Old 03-29-2005, 03:43 AM   #14
(female)

skl_1979 HB User

It is depressing to have a Sister and a Sister-in-law who is so fertile I swear all their DH's have to do is walk by them and bamb! BFP! My first husband (not a DH) was a creep and made me feel like I didn't exsist, wouldn't even look at kids and would make us move, or leave, if there were kids around. And most of the time the kids were perfectly behaved! I finally got smart over a year ago when my DH (2) was going through the "BIG D" too. We were friends for years already and next thing we knew we were a couple and planning a wedding and kids and building a new house to make room for kids. It so frustrating to have my friends kids over during Easter. DH will be a great Father, he made a fort out of boxes in the garage and planned out eggs we could hide in the rain (filled with candy) and everything was master minded for the kids by him. We both want kids but he just turned 33 and I will be 26 this fall. We have yet to go gung-ho (OPK's and such) with the doctors because we haven't been serious over a BFP. He tends to be very rational and easy going (which I am NOT) and just wants nature to run its course! In the mean time I'm sucking up as much baby germs as I can from my friends four month old. It will happen and we have to be patient and confident and it helps to walk away from it once in a while which I did this month and it feels great to unplug!
Baby dust to you!
-S

Old 03-29-2005, 01:07 PM   #15
(female)

72Lena HB User
Talking Re: I didn't realize getting pregnant was going to be so hard I feel so discouraged

Thanks everyone

i'm still hoping for it to happen, we'll see if AF comes on the 6th, I'm sure she will be RIGHT ON SCHEDULE! LOL

Baby dust to you all!

Closed Thread