It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Trying to Conceive (TTC) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-24-2005, 01:22 PM   #1
(female)

sarah1479 HB User
Question Day 90 Still no AF

Well it has now been 90 days since my last visit from AF. I had blood work done on Day 60, I don't know what tests were done but the nurse called later that week and said they came back ok and the Doc didn't need to see me again. I feel like giving up. I don't know what to do anymore. I have been waiting to start BBT but cd 1 never comes. No ferning on scope... I don't know what to do. Depression is setting in and I feel like a BFP will never happen.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-24-2005, 01:30 PM   #2

caedmyn HB User
Re: Day 90 Still no AF

I believe there is a medication that can be prescribed so you will start. If your doctor won't give it to you, maybe you should see about switching doctors. I know 90 days would seem like forever!

Also, I read about a natural way to start AF (or ovulation, I can't remember which, either way would be good for you). You sleep in complete darkness for 14 days (need to block out light from windows, no nightlights, etc), and then then with 100 watt light bulb in next room (bathroom, hallway) to stimulate moonlight. This is supposed to work within a few days after starting the moonlight. I found in on the internet somewhere, you could search for it.

Good luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-24-2005, 02:03 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

nastabasta HB User

sarah,
the medication that induces your period is called provera. ask your doctor about it. i had the same problem as you and that's what they gave me.

Old 03-25-2005, 03:22 PM   #4
(female)

louiseb HB User

Hi I was in the same boat as you, was told 10yrs agos had pcos and went on clomid to concieve my daughter(now 8) when dh and i decided to try for #2 9 months ago went to gp who said to wait 2 months to see if af returned. she didnt went bsck to gp had bloods which were "normal" but as im 33 asked to see gyne(can only get fertilty treatment till 35 in uk on nhs) . went to gyne who said blood was in normal range and he tought id be mis diagnosed ( i was on day 87) he gave my 5mg of provera for 5 days which started af then day 2 - 7 clomid. go back and see your doc and ask to be referred - your doc will not be able to prescibe this for you. and dont give up im on 2nd cycle of provera ! it may not kick start af after 1st course.
good luck hope this helps a bit, let me know how you get on
Louise

Old 03-25-2005, 04:09 PM   #5

caedmyn HB User

I just read about a herb, Vitex (chaste berry) which is supposed to started ovulation. I think I'm going to try it as I'm coming off BCP and my body's doing odd things this month.

Closed Thread