It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Trying to Conceive (TTC) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-25-2005, 07:03 PM   #1

Jenmarie HB User
So Very Very Confused, need opinions plz

I dont know if anyone remembers me.....but i was not pregnant after all...only im still confused. I stopped taking the BCP in Nov of 04 then i did not have a period till jan 18 of 05 which the Gyno said was normal after getting off the BCP. My fiancee and i had intercourse plenty of times and yet i still have not concieved. I thought since i havent had a period since Jan. i was surely pregnant but i took the test yesterday and it was a BFN. My fiancee and i were "together" on Feb 19th. is it 2 early still to tell? I dont understand why i have not started then if im not pregnant. Any ideas?

Old 03-26-2005, 05:53 AM   #2
Senior Veteran

sammieP HB User
Re: So Very Very Confused, need opinions plz

Have you ovulated, that you know of?

My gyne said that if i wasnt having af then i wasnt ovulating, im not 100% sure its true as some people get caught straight after coming off depo and get pregnant without af, im not sure if its the same with bcp but thay say you should have 3 cycles before ttc!

What test did you use?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-26-2005, 08:07 AM   #3

caedmyn HB User

I would think it would show up by now if you were pregnant. If you're having long cycles, you're probably ovulating really late or not at all. I'm having a long cycle this month after coming of BCP, and I'm going to start using a herbal supplement called Vitex (chaste berry). It's supposed to help you ovulate by normalizing your hormones, which BCP's mess up. Hope this helps!

Old 03-26-2005, 12:07 PM   #4
Senior Veteran

sammieP HB User

I agree with caedmyn, angus chaste berry does help to regulate af i got mine off the net and i do feel it has helped in a way, im always up for trying natural/herbal remadies as a pose to prescription medicines!

Closed Thread