It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Trying to Conceive (TTC) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-28-2005, 03:23 PM   #1
(female)

lilalegna HB User
jealous

i dont know how to get rid of my jealous feelings toward other women. i've prayed so many times about it, but i just cant seem to let it go. i work with 5 other women and i was the only one that was actually trying to concieve. the first one got pregnant in december, and she is carrying twins, and i'm very happy for her. another one of my coworkers just found out she was pregnant while i was on vacation, but another one of my coworkers told me when i called to see how things were going at work. im very happy for her too, but neither one of these pregnancies were planned, and for the second one she was almost in tears when she told everyone (bad tears, not happy ones). i'm extremely jealous of both of them.
the one that just found out is frustrating me, and im not sure why. today at work she had an ear cleaner for a dog (i work at a vet clinic) and she was saying how bad it smelled because she was pregnant (i wanted to slap her, just because everything she does now has to be related to her pregnancy). she informed me that "being pregnant in the morning isnt fun"... i wanted to roll my eyes after she said that. she was also telling me that her and her husband got rearended this weekend and she said i was so mad i started yelling, i think it was because i was being protective since im carrying a baby now... and it;s little comments like that that set me off. so i guess what im asking is if anyone has any advice on how to not be so jealous and annoyed with my coworkers??

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-28-2005, 04:54 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

nastabasta HB User
Re: jealous

don't beat yourself up over it. your feeling are, for the most part, natural. i feel the same way sometimes. it's really hard on me that my sil is pregnant....again! she got pregnant when her first child was 6 months old .... accidentally!! i was pretty worked up over that for a while. now when i see people with their kids or a cute kid on tv it makes me want to cry.
try not to think about it too much. have faith that someday you'll be pregnant too. then you can gloat and say snooty things too!!
hang in there. i totally understand your sadness and frustration. it doesn't make you a bad person. but remember that the only person getting hurt here is you. it also helps to remember that these people probably have no idea what you are struggling with and don't mean to hurt you. but it still sucks.
take care and feel free to vent anytime.
lots of baby dust coming your way

Old 03-28-2005, 05:28 PM   #3
(female)

lakelog HB User

You have gotten some good advice already about your issue. I don't know your situation personally such as how long you've been ttc or anything but you are feeling a natural thing. I am actually a stay at home mother (while my children are at school) so I don't know how to deal with coworker per say but I did have an issue with my sister. I'm 3 years older than her (31) and I have 3 children myself. (10, 10 & 12) but I want one more baby and have been trying for almost 5 months now. She on the other hand has a 12 year old she had at 16 and has stated since then she would never have anymore children. Well when I mentioned last summer that we were going to add to our family in 2005, she all of a sudden decided she wanted one too. I went through a depression over that and even resented (silently) her during the holidays for trying to take away from our joy this year. That cause me to go off bcp months earlier than planned but at any rate, long story short, neither one of us is pg. and it's been 5 months for the both of us.

I hate it when people rain on your parade though. Maybe try thinking that once they all have their babies, yours will be the babiest of all babies in that office! Good luck to you and it will happen for all of us. Keep on praying.

Old 03-29-2005, 11:47 PM   #4
Senior Veteran

sammieP HB User

Agghhhhhhhhhh me too, my friend is pregnant and she keeps txting me how many days to go, how she has gone from a size 10 to a size 16, how she aches, well woopdidoo, id love all that, the thing is she knows we have been trying for over a year and yet her first month of trying 'wam bam thankyou mam' there is a little bud in her, its so unfair but our time will come and the way i see it hopefully she will hand down stuff she no longer needs and i wont need to buy so much

It really is frustrating and i know where your coming from, i really cant wait to be sick in the mornings, go up a few sizes and have people saying 'how far gone are you now'.

Just grit your teeth, count to ten and say '' oh thats lovely, really, you dont say'', it will be our turn soon, just wait and see

Take care and springlings of baby dust to you.

Old 04-02-2005, 11:05 AM   #5
Veteran
(female)

polbilly HB User

I know exactly how you feel i just lost my baby feb 14, and every women that i see that is pregnant i get jealous about. i think its totally natural so dont beat yourself up, and dont feel bad when you tell someone and they dont understand where your coming from. Hang in there!!! your turn is coming!

take care melissa

Old 04-04-2005, 05:01 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

layla= HB User

When my friends and family have got preg, 4 since i been ttc i look at them and think have you got what i want and so far the answer is no. I want a good hubby. Got .A happy family to start. GOT. A stable home. GoT. and everyone else to be as happy as we are. They will be when i finally get pregs, but none of them have everything i have they may have the baby but thats it. I don't want just a baby as i am sure all of you dont i expect you want what you have with the extra joy of a baby, you will get in time. And there is nothing wrong with a bit of its not fair. Also looking at them with the attitude that you haven't actually got what u want may make you feel better.

Old 04-04-2005, 03:56 PM   #7
(female)

lilalegna HB User

p- im sorry for your loss, it must be very difficult

L- i really do feel better after i put things into perspective. i dont wish i was in the position that my coworker is in, her husband was actually mad at her for getting preg, like it wasnt his doing either?! they werent using any form of bc! anyhoo, thanks everyone for posting

-LIL

Closed Thread