It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Trying to Conceive (TTC) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-02-2005, 08:46 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

polbilly HB User
Post i need some advice please!!

im actually new to this board from the pregnancy board i had an ectopic on feb. 14, im writing now because im kinda confused. with in the last week i have been experiencing pregnancy symptoms again the sore breasts, crying, the same things that i experienced with my last pregnancy, so even though i knew it was to soon to test i did anyway since i tested early last time. well it came back with a light positve (thats how all my tests were last time) but there was definetly as line so just to be sure i took another and it came back negative i was wondering if it was because im still so early that maybe one test picked it up and the other didnt im still more than a week from starting.

i was just wondering what everyone thought im new to the game since we werent trying to get pregnant the first time, im learning this time!!

thank you polbilly

Old 04-02-2005, 11:01 AM   #2
(female)

lakelog HB User
Re: i need some advice please!!

Did you use the same test? If you're a week away, it could be either way. It may be too soon but then again, depends on when you ovulated maybe? With my first son who is 12, I was 19 and took 7 tests, 2 were negative, 5 were positive. Call me crazy, I know, but I was pregnant. I think any line, whether it be faint or dark is an indication of pregnancy. Maybe give it a couple more days and then retest unless you have some inexpensive tests that you don't mind testing a lot. Good luck.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-02-2005, 01:44 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

Sherbet HB User

Hi Polbilly....

Sorry to hear about your earlier ectopic pg, even though it wasn't planned, it still must have been very traumatic.... Your pink line sounds promising, did you test at the same time of the day when you got your neg result? I'm sending happy, calming, zen thoughts your way for a BFI (Big Fat Implantation!) in the right spot....

Old 04-02-2005, 02:20 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

polbilly HB User

i got my positive last night before bed and a neg this morning, and i actually used two different kinds of tests...... im so nervous and i dont know what to think

Old 04-02-2005, 03:36 PM   #5

caedmyn HB User

I would recommend taking another test of the same kind that came up positive. It's very possible the two tests measure different levels of HCG and it just isn't strong enough yet to register on the negative test. Also, first morning urine is supposed to have the strongest level of HCG in it. Good luck!

Old 04-03-2005, 09:11 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)

Sherbet HB User

Absolutely Caedmyn... good point! If they are two different types of tests then you may well get differing results. Good luck sweetie!!

Closed Thread