It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Trying to Conceive (TTC) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-05-2005, 03:39 PM   #1
(female)

MsSarah HB User
Exclamation Blood test tomorrow

I made an apt to get my blood test tomorrow. I took a dollar store brand pregnancy test (they are just as good as any other one) and i got the faint postive line again, but it was a little after 3 min.

Does anyone know how long it will take toget my blood test back?

When i talked to the woman at the clinic it really annoyed me, shes like well any line, is and then goes "are you going to terminate your pregnancy" first question, i was like um no im very pro life thank you. I hate that i even have to set foot into a place the supports abortions, but unfourtantly every place in nys thats a free clinic is that way.

i feel confident im pregnant. yay

Old 04-05-2005, 03:54 PM   #2
(female)

lilalegna HB User
Re: Blood test tomorrow

congrats mssarah

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-05-2005, 04:04 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

Sherbet HB User

Yippppeeeeeee.....!!!!!! It's all go for you now mssarah!

You and I are in the same boat! I just tested again this morning and instead of a faint line showing at 4 minutes, it showed at 1 and a half minutes and doubled in darkness!!!! I too am going for a blood test tomorrow

I feel rather like it isn't real yet until I get a health professional to say so... hahahahahaaaa... how bout you?

I'm appalled that the frontline person at the clinic suggested that you may want it terminated that's abhorrent behaviour! I would have thought they would ask if the pregnancy was good news for you and then ask about whether you required further options.

Is NYS New York State? I'm not familiar with your accronym, nor am I from the northern hemisphere.

Old 04-05-2005, 04:08 PM   #4
(female)

MsSarah HB User

yeah New york state. funny thing is, ive protested outside the clinic many times because they do support abortions.

I read somewhere that i will prolly get 2 blood tests, a second one a few days after to check my levels.

but when do i get the results from my first one?

Old 04-05-2005, 06:31 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

Sherbet HB User

I only know how quick the turnaround for blood analysis is in New Zealand. For me, it will be same day service if the blood is taken early enough in the day.

Old 04-05-2005, 08:32 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)

polbilly HB User

i use the dollar store tests also all of mine have taken longer than the three minutes even in my first pregnancy (which ended ectopic) but if the line is there very seldom are they wrong. and as far as your blood test at my family doctors office they give me my results in a half hour but thats just the positive part the quanitative part takes a day, and if you have had problems in the past they will test you again in three day for another quanitative to be sure that your numbers have doubled.... believe me i had it done every two days for a month before they found my ectopic...... youll be fine!!!! have a great big POSITIVE day tomorrow!!!

melissa

Baby Hope 2/14/05

Closed Thread