It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Trying to Conceive (TTC) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-06-2005, 04:22 AM   #1

purplepower HB User
Need some advise plz

I've been doing some reading and from what i've read it says the best time to get pg is 14 days before the next period.. Can anyone verify that for me??? is it better to try closer to the next period??

im 24yrs old and i've never been pg, im also under the impression that i can't. I always get a heavy period after my b/f comes inside of me, i was watching something on pregnancy on the health channel and it stated that alot of women mistake miscarriages for a heavy period. Is it possible that i having a miscarriage??? does this means it would be hard for me to ever get pg??

Im feeling so depress right now... just thinking i would never know how it feels to ever be pg....

thank you..

Old 04-06-2005, 05:44 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

jmcummins3 HB User
Re: Need some advise plz

Most doctors will have you try for a year naturally to get pregnant before starting infertility treatment. It is a frustrating process to get pregnant, especially if it takes some time. It sounds as if you are already discouraged, which may actually interfere with getting pregnant. Heavy periods do not mean miscarriage. Try to keep a positive attitude and relax about it. It will happen when your body is ready for it to happen. If you have a normal 28-day cycle, you probably ovulate 14 days after the start of your last period (same as 14 days before the start of your next). Ovulation only lasts about 24 hours. Sperm can live for up to 5-8 days, although you increase your chances of getting pregnant the closer you have sex to day 14 but on or before then.

You may get more suggestions and support by posting on the TTC (Trying to Conceive) board.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-06-2005, 08:57 AM   #3

LEILANI HB User

I also thought that i could not have babies either the first time i got pg I was 17 in 1999 and i had a tubal pg (the baby stayed in my tubes did not go to my uterus) then the second time i was 19 in 2001 and i had a misscarriage and my third pg i was 21 in 2003 and i had another miscarriage then my fourth pg also 21 in 2003 i got pg in december and finally had my first baby last year 2004 in september and now she is 6mon and i am on my fifth pg with my second child due in august we did not waste no time as my Dr. says but this was not planed but we are happy did want my childern close in age but not that close. So there is hope don't give up. How long have you been TTC???
Maybe is not you maybe it is him that is what my BF thought so keep trying has the Dr. said anything to you that you can not have kids??? I thought I couldn't but i was wrong. I think that it is in gods hands and he will give you your baby when he thinks the time is right even if you think it is not. When i got pg with my DD i was not with my BF we broke up in May 2003 but still were seeing each other then in december 2003 i got pg and was like how was i going to do this i went back home to live with my mom and i did not want to bother them with my new baby so i was staying with my babys dad and then he was like i want my baby to live with me you know beating around the bush that he did not want me to go back home so i stayed with him amd we got back together in August 2004 and then we had are DD and got our own place to live. So I think god works in mysterious way and he wao't give you something you can't handle. So hang in there there is still hope

I wish you the best and i am sending you baby dust your way *************

Old 04-06-2005, 02:31 PM   #4

purplepower HB User

I havent been trying very long... My b/f before this one has be coming inside me at any given time of the month for the two years we were together and nothing ever happen... i keep telling myself that its not my time or maybe we arent comepatible and another part of me is telling maybe i cant get any children. That thats also a possibility and it scares me... I just want to know how it feels to carry something so presious inside...

Last month i had sex on day 14 and nothing happen.... im just so confuse.

Old 04-07-2005, 01:09 AM   #5
(female)

jensta HB User
Lightbulb Re: Need some advise plz

i too am trying to concieve and even tho like you i didnt try but didnt use any contraception.i still never concieved after nearly 5 years theyfound a problem and they treated it but they said i had to try naturally first.after posting on here i had a flash of confidence given to me by someone to which im very gratefull and now i know whatever your problem you will concieve when you ready.it may be that another couple of months you will get pg and it was just the worrying.relax pamper yourself,get the body ready and in time it will happen too.

Closed Thread