It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Trying to Conceive (TTC) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-06-2005, 11:40 AM   #1
(female)

MsSarah HB User
Exclamation I lost hope

So i went in today (before i went i took a hpt and got another faint line) they gave me a urine test, negative.

So they sent me up to get a blood test. Ill know this afternoon or tomorrow morning.

But yeah i dont think i got pregnant.

Old 04-06-2005, 12:58 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

nastabasta HB User
Re: I lost hope

oh i'm so sorry, i was pretty sure this was it for you because it's really rare to get a false positive. hang in there and let us know what they say.
and don't be too down. it'll happen for you soon.
take care

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-06-2005, 01:12 PM   #3
(female)

MsSarah HB User

so did i. i even had a faint postive before they took my urine test at the office. but it still came back negative there.

Old 04-06-2005, 01:20 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

polbilly HB User

dont give up hope until you hear the results of the blood if your faint and you tested before you went in your concentration levels may have been to low so dont get to upset before you hear the blood test results keep your head up and im praying for you

Melissa

Baby Hope 2/14/2005

Old 04-06-2005, 01:31 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

Sherbet HB User

I think I recall you mentioning that you normally get AF around the 8th or 9th of every month...? It's only the 7th, so it's still very early days. Keep your hope alive sweetie...

Old 04-06-2005, 02:23 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)

polbilly HB User

just wondering if you have heard your blood results

Old 04-06-2005, 03:58 PM   #7
(female)

MsSarah HB User

nope not yet, they werent faxed to the docs office, so they said the guy is probably bringing them by hand tomorrow and to call at 8:45 to find out.

i just dont understand how i could have numerous faint positives and then a negative urine test at the office. i did however pee before i went and took my own. and i was barely able to pee there. i dunno. i was thinking they were evaperation lines (because the positives did show up after the paper was dry after the purple thing goes across the screen) but i dont think i would have that many tests with all evaperation lines ya know?

Old 04-07-2005, 07:17 AM   #8

liza HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsSarah
. i was thinking they were evaperation lines (because the positives did show up after the paper was dry after the purple thing goes across the screen) but i dont think i would have that many tests with all evaperation lines ya know?
That is what happens after it dries up. You really have to go by the directions on the box. I have took tests too where they were negative, and when they dry up, they have a pink line. If you look at it after the time amount listed on the box, an original negative could be mistaken for a positive.

Old 04-07-2005, 08:52 AM   #9
(female)

MsSarah HB User

yeah but ive taken a lot of tests, and the line gets darker everyday. i dunno. they were suppose to have my results in today and they dont. so i have to wait, another day.

Old 04-07-2005, 12:04 PM   #10
(female)

louiseb HB User

Hope you get the result you are hoping for. Good luck, My fingers are crossed for you
Louise x

Old 04-07-2005, 12:42 PM   #11
Inactive
(female)

nastabasta HB User

mssarah,
maybe you got a negative at the doctor's office because you had peed right before and they didn't get your first morning urine. the blood test is a lot more reliable. didn't you say before that you weren't even expecting af until today? it's stil early so there is hope
take care and i hope you get the news you want!

Old 04-07-2005, 01:45 PM   #12
(female)

MsSarah HB User

They were suppose to have the results today and they dont. erg! yeah i have no sign of af and im pretty sure i am pregnant, i took another early response test, and the faint line showed right up. so now i just want the results of the blood test for confirmation

Old 04-08-2005, 04:15 AM   #13
Senior Veteran

sammieP HB User

Aghhhhhhhhhh, how frustrating is that! It took a week for the doctors to finally get my results and it was a negative, i hadnt had any faint lines though so i really do think there is some hope for you.

Please let us know as soon as you can, i am hoping its a bfp for you and will keep my fingers crossed

Old 04-08-2005, 07:07 AM   #14
(female)

MsSarah HB User

haha im still waiting, oh if they keep me waiting i no patience. i got my blood taken right at a lab so it shouldnt take too long at all. the office doesnt open till 11:30. i called and it said the office was closed and i got soooo mad because i thought for the weekend, and i dont want to wait over the weekend for my results.

Old 04-08-2005, 09:15 AM   #15
(female)

SangReal HB User

EDIT: Never mind, our dear MsSarah got a BIG FAT POSITIVE! Congratulations to you, future mommy Sarah!

I have a funny story about a friend who went in for a doctor's appointment for something totally unrelated. She stopped at a gas station and had to pee really bad, so she did. The cup at the dr.'s office said "urine should come to this line," and she couldn't pee that much. After trying running water for about 20 minutes, she just put a little water in the cup to fill it up. After all, she didn't think she could be pregnant; the urine test was for something else! Well of course the test at the Dr.'s came up negative, and boy was she surprised when she found out later she was two months' pregnant!

Anyway, HPTs don't lie. Unless you're waiting too long and not following directions, a false positive is fairly rare. Good luck! Baby dust for a BFP to you!

<3 Mary

P.S. If you're worried about expense, I use AimStick Pregnancy Test Strips. I found them on the internet for as little as $2 each if you buy 25. (I know that's a lot of tests. You shouldn't need that many. But if you buy them individually, they're still less than $3 each). Granted, they're not the pretty little stick test you're used to. They're just strips you dip in your urine. Still, they're inexpensive and more sensitive than your standard HPT, indicating pregnancy at HCG levels as low as 20 mIU/mL. Just something that's working for me.

Last edited by SangReal; 04-08-2005 at 09:25 AM.

Closed Thread