It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Trying to Conceive (TTC) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-08-2005, 07:22 AM   #1
(female)

angiedaw HB User
Update- pregnant with no symptoms

(edited to add)I guess I am not pregnant, since dh and I bd this morning(day 43 ), and I spotted shortly after. I have been having a little show since this morning. It is a really weird period, but seems to be getting heavier as the day goes on, not a fullblown AF though. SHe usually comes at 9 am, and comes on strong within a couple of hours. It is not strong yet at all, and I am still not getting my usual AF cramps. Maybe that will all come tomorrow Guess we will try next month.( edited to add )

"I have been popping in and out of here for the last 5 months. I went off the pill in November. I am on cycle 4,( first was 35 days, second was 32 days, 3rd was 40 days) and now I am on day 42 of this cycle, and nothing. No cramps, no spotting, nothing. Not even the usual AF symptoms. I took a pregnacy test on Wednesday, and it was negative. I have one ds( he is almost 6), and we got pregnant with him on our first night together(we are now married). I figured we wouldn't have a problem getting pregnant this time around either, but I was wrong. I am 27 and dh is 29. We have been bding every 1-3 days from day 7 on to AF shows, and nothing yet.

My question to you is is it possible that I could be pregnant now but not showing any symptoms whatsoever? I have another HPT, but going to wait a few more days to take it. They get expensive when taking 3-4 each month. I keep thinking that my boobs are tender, but I am not sure if it is all in my head, because I want them to be tender, to show me a sign. I have been urinating a lot, but I also am drinking a lot of water.

Before I went on the pill 5 years ago, I was pretty regular, having AF every 30-33 days each month. I always could tell when she was coming. Since being off the pill, I get no symptoms at all, and then she just comes out of the blue, but always around 8 in the morning, on whatever day she comes.

I really really hope I am pregnant, and we told ds that he will have a sibling when he is 6( we told him this 5 months ago when we started trying, figuring we have lots of time to make that happen, LOL).

For those of you that are/have been pregnant, did you now show any symptoms at all for the first while? With my ds, I had m/s from the very start."

Angie

Last edited by angiedaw; 04-09-2005 at 03:25 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-08-2005, 08:39 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

PrittyGreenEyez HB User
Re: Pregnant with no symptoms

Every pregnancy differs as i'm sure you've heard. 4 months after my fiance and I did the deed (we weren't trying, but we weren't exactly being careful either) I thought I was having PMS. I had sore breasts however, which was new to me, but I was tired as well. I pretty much figured it was from work & that it was normal. I honestly had no REAL symptoms to tip me off and let me know that i was pregnant, until I missed my period. The sore breasts and tiredness I factored into it being work related at the nursing home. But of course my delayed period is what led me to go get a HPT. I was confirmed pregnant at 5 weeks and at about 7-8 weeks is when the m/s, naseua, and gag reflux hit me like a ton of bricks. As I'm sure you've heard however, even with a co-worker of mine, she had no idea she was pregnant until about 2 months. She kept getting her period and had no m/s what so ever, so to answer your question YES i believe it is possible for someone to be pregnant and not show "symptoms." You did say that you haven't had your period yet right? And that you have sore breasts? Well I'm keeping my fingers crossed that those 2 things are signs our are pregnant! Good luck!

Last edited by redsoxcubbies; 04-08-2005 at 08:48 AM.

Old 04-08-2005, 08:57 AM   #3
(female)

SangReal HB User
Re: Pregnant with no symptoms

Given the erratic nature of your cycle, it is possible that you are pregnant. However, it is also possible that you are not pregnant. Cycles are weird after you get off the Pill.

Some women don't have any symptoms while they're pregnant. Case in point, my sister-in-law was seventeen when she got pregnant. She had a period every month the whole time she was pregnant, and she only found out she was pregnant because her jeans didn't fit anymore - when she was SIX MONTHS PREGNANT. So I wouldn't really worry about not having any symptoms, just rejoice about not having any if you are pregnant.

As for the HPT, they aren't always accurate this early. Remember, HCG levels (the hormone an HPT detects) don't begin to rise until 6-10 days after fertilization, when implantation occurs. If you are pregnant, on the day of your missed period, your urine HCG levels can be anywhere from 5-50 mIU/mL. The levels will then roughly double every two to three days. Your period has been erratic. But let's say, for argument's sake, that the day of your missed period was day 40, since that was your longest cycle so far not counting this one. Let's also say your hormone levels are on the low side.

Okay, so it's now day 42. That's approximately two days after your missed period. Since the levels double every two to three days, your levels may be as low as 10 mIU/mL or as high as 100 mIU/mL. Even with the most sensitive pregnancy tests, like AimStick Pregnancy Test Strip, levels have to be at 20 or 25 mIU/mL to be detectable (the Walgreens brand pregnancy test can only detect 100 mIU/mL or more!). If you are pregnant, assuming 40 days is your true cycle time, you should test positive in the next few days if you buy a really sensitive test. However, since your periods have been erratic, I wouldn't count out pregnancy as a possibility if you test negative.

So, I guess I just provided you with like zero information. Still, take your prenatal vitamins, cross your fingers, test early, test often, and may you get a BFP!

<3 Mary

Closed Thread