It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Trying to Conceive (TTC) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-12-2005, 11:06 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

steph66 HB User
Thumbs up Increasing sperm count?

My husband and I have been ttc off and on for a year in may. I already have an appt w/my doctor to run some tests and all that great stuff. I don't really know if there is anything wrong with me that would stop me from getting pregnant. the thing is I think my husband has low sperm count. I know he would not like going to the doctor for this but would if he had to. Has anyone had any luck using any pills to boost sperm count? Or is this just a waste of money? Any advice or help would be appreciated. Thanks so much!

Old 04-12-2005, 11:32 AM   #2
Senior Veteran

sammieP HB User
Re: Increasing sperm count?

My dh has to produce a sample on thursday for this, we have been told Ovulex helps the male, also i know of someone who had a low sperm count and was going to go through with ivf, instead they opted for accupuncture and within 2 months his dw was pregnant, it also saved them a fortune

I hope this is of some help to you, good luck and sprinklings of baby dust to you

Last edited by sammieP; 04-12-2005 at 11:33 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-12-2005, 11:47 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

steph66 HB User

well good luck to your hubby, I hope things turn out well. I was thinking about ovulex but that stuff is expensive. Not to sound ignorant but how does accupuncture help acheive pregnancy, because I have heard that it helps both men and women get pregnant. Thanks for the reply!! And baby dust to us all!!

Old 04-12-2005, 11:51 AM   #4
Senior Veteran

sammieP HB User

The accupuncture can somhow increase the sperm count by placing the small needles in the correct area, with women it helps them to become more fertile and helps them to ovulate correctly (i am having accupuncture at the moment to help get depo-provera out of my system and then will have it for fertility. I am due to see my accupuncturist again on friday and so will ask him for you

I would deffinately reccomend accupuncture but make sure they are registered (you can do this on a web search). Hope to give you more info by the end of the week.

Good luck and take care, love sammie p xxx

Last edited by sammieP; 04-12-2005 at 11:52 AM.

Old 04-12-2005, 12:41 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

steph66 HB User

Thanks so much Sammie for replying. How much does accupuncture cost? Im not sure my hubby will want those little needles, but I know he'd do it for a baby!! Hopefully we will find something that works for us. thanks so much!!!! (H) Steph

Old 04-12-2005, 02:19 PM   #6
Senior Veteran

sammieP HB User

Where do you live? Here in England a treatment costs me £14.00, you tend to have a treatment a week for 1 month and then every 2 weeks and then they reduce it to once a month but it all depends on what they think or how fit you are (eg your state of mind not your body fitness as in how many miles you can run!).

I initially started my trestment for stress and depression and then as i became stronger we focussed on other matters of my life, i love it, it doesnt hurt and if it helps then its worth it

Hopefully i will gain more info for you and post as soon as i know anything

Old 04-13-2005, 01:05 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

steph66 HB User

I live in Texas. not sure how much it would be down here. thanks so much for replying and I will keep accupuncture in mind. just wish there was one inexpensive little pill for both of us to take and then BOOM......we get pregnant. OH well in due time i suppose. thanks sammie!!--------Steph!!

Old 04-18-2005, 08:48 AM   #8
Senior Veteran

sammieP HB User

I wasnt well enough to go to accupuncture last week, im going friday so will post you the information friday evening.

Are you temping etc?

Old 04-18-2005, 12:41 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

steph66 HB User

thanks for replying. I started tempting in Febuary but stopped once I received my af!! Since then I have been so crazy! I have 1 FT job 1 PT job and i go to school at night. so my days are pretty hectic as of late. For my FT job i have to get up at 5 am and these days I just always seem to forget. Everything seems normal to me and my doc says there is no reason why I should be concerned about myself, but i am concerned about my husband. I think the only thing that would hold me back is the fact that I think i have hypothyroid. I go on thursday for blood work so we'll see for sure. I think I've had it for a while but I've just been putting it off, as i usually do!! So hopefull once i get this under control we can start actively TTC again and if by August we are not pregnant i am going to have my husband go in for a SA. But this next cycle i am going to start charting again just for my records and also for my doc.

Sorry for the loooonnnggg reply!! Steph

Old 04-18-2005, 12:48 PM   #10
Senior Veteran

sammieP HB User

We sound so alike, i have a FT job, a PT job and care for and elderly gentleman when im not working which is another reason why i have the accupuncture - it helps me relax.

I had a blood done for thyroid which came back fine.

I take my temp each morning at 6am and then get up, this month i am annovulatory meaning i have not ovulated so i will be able to show this to my gyne and confirm this, they dont seem interested in charts over here though, im not sure they fully understand it, well he doesnt seem to anyway.

Well i shall inform you on friday, take care for now

Old 04-18-2005, 01:34 PM   #11
(female)

louiseb HB User

Hi sammie, was just wondering how you are getting on with the acupunture, am scared to death of needles but would try anything,
hope you are well
Louise

Old 04-19-2005, 02:20 PM   #12
Senior Veteran

sammieP HB User

I am also scared to death of needles but these are so thin and dont really hurt like the normal blood sampling needles. I have a sesion on friday and must tell him about the ovulation problem to see what he can do. I will try anything once and if it helps increase our chances all the better i say

Old 04-23-2005, 08:07 AM   #13
Senior Veteran

sammieP HB User

Hi there, went to accupuncture yesterday and the news is - its all to do with your inner energies and how the needles help is by releasing those inner energies, it will pass on goodness to the swimmers and make them healthier and stronger, same goes for our system, it releases good, natural energies to help you ovulate and remind your ovaries that thats what there, there for.

Apparently Shiatsu helps too, so that is what im looking into next. Apparently annovulation means that we are true, good nurterers (sp) but we dont accept others nerturing us, eg they say ''you lok great today'' and we brush it off so we have to learn to be loved, though im not sure how it works with the male but i imagine its the same as us.

So theres my update on info for you, i hope it helps

Last edited by sammieP; 04-23-2005 at 08:08 AM.

Closed Thread