It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Trying to Conceive (TTC) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-13-2005, 07:26 AM   #1
(female)

DDB HB User
BBT/charting question-need help please!

I was hoping someone might be able to help me figure out when I ovulated since my cycle was a little strange this month. My cycles are always 27-28 days and this is my 2nd month charting. Day 12-14 I had a bit of EW CM Ė not as much as last month but it was definitely stretchy. Temp rose about .3 degrees on day 15 and stayed about the same on day 16-19. So I thought I might have ovulated on or around day 14, but my temps didnít go up very much, not like last month. CM was sticky on days 16-18 and on day 19 (yesterday) I had cramps and creamy CM (no more stretchy CM after day 14). Today is day 20 and my temp shot up another .4 degrees this morning and I no longer have CM. So, do you think I ovulated yesterday or last week (around day 14), when I had the slight increase in temperature? Last month I ovulated on day 17 so I do not necessarily ovulate on day 14, even though my cycle is 28 days.

I am a little concerned because my luteal phase was kind of short last month (11 days), so would really like to know when I likely ovulated this month to see if it is short again. Any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated!

Old 04-13-2005, 11:43 AM   #2

caedmyn HB User
Re: BBT/charting question-need help please!

It's kind of hard to say without seeing your chart. Normally your luteal phase length doesn't vary by more than a day from cycle to cycle, so it is possible that you normally ovulate around day 15-17. But if you are coming off birth control pills, that can temporarily shorten your luteal phase.

Was your temperature on day 15 above your coverline? If it was, and continued to stay above your coverline for the next 2 days, I believe you're supposed to assume that you ovulated. It sounds to me like there's a possibility that your chart is going triphasic.

You might be able to use amount of CM to help you guess when you ovulated. I believe you're supposed to have the most CM the day that you ovulate or the day before.

Hope this helps, and good luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread