It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Trying to Conceive (TTC) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-18-2005, 07:23 AM   #1
(female)

dawn860 HB User
Question Cycle Question

We have been ttc a year in May. As of the last two months I have noticed changes in my menstrual cycle. Such as, in March I started spotting two days before my period actually started. Then in April I started spotting 4 days before my period was scheduled to start and my period started two days early. What could be going on? At first I was hoping it was implantation bleeding but I now know that it wasn't the case. My question is what could be causing my cycle to start earlier and could this effect the days I am most fertile (would it throw the days off)? One more thing, my periods are usually very regular I typically have a 29 day cycle. Just these last two months have been off.

Also, I have been charting for 12 months, I have been tracking my cycles and keeping watch of my CM. I just haven't been temping.

Oh yeah, by the way, I am 30 yrs old w/one child (3yrs old).

Last edited by dawn860; 04-18-2005 at 07:24 AM.

Old 04-18-2005, 08:02 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

Ivana HB User
Re: Cycle Question

Hi there...when you say spotting...what kind of spottinf is it? Is it any shade of red or is it more brownish/beige? If it is brownish/beige then it's just end of cycle spotting...meaning that many times during the last days of your cycle when your progesterone level drops you get this kind of spotting and it is followed a few days later by your period. As long as you periods are regular this shouldn't be a problem.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-18-2005, 09:19 AM   #3
Senior Veteran

sammieP HB User

I would have to agree with Ivana, if it is brownish spotting it is likely to be the end of the last cycle spotting.

This month (my first month of having AF in 7years) i had a light red spotting befor AF, which arrived 2 hours later.

Good luck

Old 04-18-2005, 10:44 AM   #4
(female)

dawn860 HB User

Okay, ladies that makes sense.

To answer your question regarding spotting, it was bright red spotting for the first two days then followed by two days of brown (old blood) spotting then on the next day AF arrived. In the previous month, the first day was bright red spotting, the next day was brown then AF arrived the next day.

This has never happened before, that is why I was so confused. But, what you said did make sense.

Thank you much.

Last edited by dawn860; 04-18-2005 at 10:44 AM.

Old 04-18-2005, 11:58 AM   #5
(female)

BeingThin HB User

Hi there - Sorry don't know how to help you with the spotting....my sister goes through the same stuff out of nowhere. I thought brown meant end of cycle and bright meant beginning.

I have a question for you guys too about cycles. My periods are irregular and I am trying to conceive too. I haven't tried hard or much yet though. But I wanted to know something - is it considered IRREGULAR if you are ALWAYS irregular ? :-) For example the past few months my cycle is always like 37 or 38 days. So for example if I had my period March 12th and haven't gotten my period yet does that mean I am late? Or is it by the # of days you calculate? For example the one prior to that was Feb 2nd and the one prior to that Dec 24th. So while by date they are way off - by days they are ranging from 37-40 days. Is that considered irregular? By days I am due April 19th but by DATE I should have had my period on April 12th since my last one was March 12th. I am trying to figure out when I am supposed to consider myself LATE :-)

Old 04-18-2005, 12:05 PM   #6
Inactive
(female)

Ivana HB User

Very few women have perfect 28 day cycles but many have short or long cycles...a short cycle could be 21 days while a long one could be 35 or more....if your cycles are consistently 37-40 days long you have a REGULAR cycle but it's just LONG...so you ovulate past the "usual" day 14. Women who are irregular have cycles that vary dramatically from month to month and even skip months. At this point i would say you're not late, you're right on schedule it seems...but you never know...this could be the one Good luck with the trying

Last edited by Ivana; 04-18-2005 at 12:07 PM.

Old 04-18-2005, 01:57 PM   #7
(female)

BeingThin HB User

Hi Ivana,

Thank you for your help. I also thought I was regular since I am always late - haha. In general even when I first got my period as a teen - my periods were always 3 days later than the previous month. Then I went through a cycle of it being late like 3 weeks then back to normal then skipping a month, etc. I had my irregular time too. A year ago they were maybe 3 days late each month. The past 5 months though they are consistently late between 37-40 days. I can't figure it out with my crazy cycles :-)

Thanks for hoping it worked. I doubt it though - we hardly tried. Although from the looks of it we tried on the "right" days (if my cycle is normal). I have serious cramps so I suspect my you know what is on it's way. I don't mind. I am not upset by it. I just hate not knowing what my cycle is. I am 36 and I have a 3 year old already and I wanted to get pregnant soon. We'll see I guess. It's just hard figuring out when the right time is. I don't mind having the fun until then - haha - but i am not 23 anymore so I really want it to work soon.

Thanks so much again.

Closed Thread