It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Trying to Conceive (TTC) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-18-2005, 07:58 AM   #1
Inactive
(female)

Ivana HB User
Ttc With A Yeast Infection??

Hi all....i'm new to the TTC board. My husband and I have decided to start trying this month and i'm due to ovulate this week (today is cd 9). Unfortunately I noticed that I may be starting a yeast infection...still very mild. I'm wondering if any of you know if a yeast infection would interfere with TTC since the vaginal flora is not quite balanced. Could it affect the sperm...also I'd rather not start any type of vaginal treatment because i know that would certainly impact on the sperm....what do you guys think?

Old 04-18-2005, 09:12 AM   #2
Senior Veteran

sammieP HB User
Re: Ttc With A Yeast Infection??

Hello and welcome to the TTC board.

Are you on antibiotics? if so it is recommended that you eat yogurt containing acidophillus or take acidophillus tablets as it replaces the good bacteria which is being destroyed by the antibiotics. The sperm need a hostile enviroment to travel in and when taking antibiotics it destroys this enviroment.

I would have thought that if you have a yeast infection and you start to eat the acidophillus yogurt or take the tablets it may help combat the infection before it gets to bad as you are ingesting good bacteria.

I hope this is of some help

Sprinklings of baby dust to you and good luck

Last edited by sammieP; 04-18-2005 at 09:15 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-18-2005, 09:21 AM   #3
Inactive
(female)

Ivana HB User

Thank you for the reply Sammie P! I'm not on antibiotics...i eat yogurt every day but i think my yeast infection is due to the fact that i've been eating more sweets lately! Better cut down...i think i have a sensitivity to sugar...i think i'll try those tablets you recommend...i always prefer the more natural route! Thx again

Old 04-18-2005, 09:27 AM   #4
Senior Veteran

sammieP HB User

Well, i hope it helps, you can get the tablets from your health food store, or the yoghurt you can get from your supermarket (obviously!) just make sure it contains the acidophillus or it wont be of much use to you

Last edited by sammieP; 04-18-2005 at 09:27 AM.

Closed Thread