It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Trying to Conceive (TTC) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-21-2005, 07:44 AM   #1
(female)

ss_uk HB User
Trying to get pregnant

I was with my ex for 2 years and we tried for a year to concieve and because i couldn't our relationship broke down and we ended up parting.

I am now in a new relationship and again we have been together for a long time and started trying for a baby and again i can't seem to get pregnant, i am only 20 years old and really worried i can't have children.

How can i find out whether i can concieve without having to have lots of doctors poking about. i really hope someone can give me some advise on this matter and i am starting to get really worried.

Thanks x

Old 04-21-2005, 08:53 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

Ivana HB User
Re: Trying to get pregnant

Hi there....i'm sorry to hear that you've been having difficulty conceiving, especially since you are so young and normally this shouldn't be a problem. However, there's no way to tell why this is happening unless you go to your gynecologist who will run a series of standard tests (blood work), to start. You may get your answer from that without having to "poke" around further. Are your periods regular? Are you experiencing any gynecological symptoms that may clue you in on the problem? I think a doctor's appointment is important at this point. Good luck and keep us posted

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-21-2005, 12:49 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

nastabasta HB User

i agree with ivana.
i'm 24 and have always had good health so i thought getting pregnant would be a breeze. my husband and i have been ttc since november with no luck. i haven't even had a normal period since then. turns out i have pcos. i had none of the tell-tale signs, only the irregular periods. your doctor can do a blood test to test to see if your hormones are in balance.the worst part for me is i only found out i had irregular periods after i went off the pill. before the pill i was always regular. a blood test is not at all invasive and you get a lot of info.
hang in there and i hope you become a mommy soon!!

Old 04-22-2005, 01:17 AM   #4
(female)

ss_uk HB User

Hi guys

thanks for the advise it really means a lot to me, i think the main reason i haven't been to the Dr so far is because i am worried he is going to say i can't have children, and that would be the end of my life for me.

nastabasta if you don't mind can i ask what PCOS is i have never heard of it?

Thanks x

Old 04-22-2005, 04:26 AM   #5
(female)

dolphin27 HB User

I too have PCOS(Polycystic Ovary Syndrome). It is a condition where your body forms cysts when it trys to ovulate. Your egg tries to get out of your ovary but gets stuck and forms a cyst in you ovary, thus block part of the opening making it harder for other eggs to get out, thus forming more cysts. When you have multiple cysts form up than it is called PCOS. Depending on how regular your cycles are will kind of determine if you have this condition. If your cycles are few and far between than most likely you'll have it in both ovaries, that is if you have it. If it's about every other month than you have it in one ovary, which is what I have. If your cycles come pretty regularly than chances are this is not the case for you. Another thing you might want to make sure you have checked in your blood work is your thyroid. I am also Hypothyroid. With the medication of just the thyroid my cycles have returned to an almost normal cycle.

Don't let they fear of the doctor telling you you can't have babies scare you away. You would almost have to have no ovaries at all for the doctor to tell you that. There are so many different ways for a doctor to help you get pregnant.

Old 04-22-2005, 08:01 AM   #6
(female)

ss_uk HB User

Hi Dolphin27, thanks for the knowledge on that. My cycles are not very regular and have never been since i started, they have always been very heavy and i have on a few occasions it looks like i have got like clots of blood, do you think that is happening because i might have a cyst?

i know your probably not a Dr but it would still be nice to have the opinion from another woman, rather than go and speak to a man about something he reads about if you understand

Thanks x

Old 04-22-2005, 10:22 AM   #7
(female)

dolphin27 HB User

My periods started out like that, very heavy, not real regular. I went on birth control to try and get it calmed down and when I went off of it because I was TTC it was only worse. I would definitely say it is a possibility that it may just be thyroid as since what you were describing are common symptoms with the thyroid. I definitely suggest having yourself checked out at least get some bloodwork done. There are a lot of great female gynecologist out there. If you don't feel comfortable talking to a male doctor definitely find a female. If you are having trouble finding someone talk to someone at a local hospital they would be more than glad to help you find someone that you would feel comfortable with. It does sound like you need to be checked out. My doctor says that I need to have an annual papsmear done and also since I have the PCOS they check that too everytime. If you have not had one done recently you might be ahead to just have one done, I know that's a lot of poking around the body but it is very important to have it done so if their is a problem it can get fixed early before it becomes too serious. Good Luck!

Old 04-22-2005, 12:43 PM   #8
(female)

Rcombs10 HB User

I'm not sure if you need to be worried about clots, I have always gotten them about the middle of AF, and AF has always been right on schedule for me. If anyone else knows about clots during AF, please let me know incase I need to get checked out by a doctor.

Old 04-22-2005, 12:46 PM   #9

caedmyn HB User

I've read that it is normal to get clots during AF. I usually had a few at some point each month.

Old 04-23-2005, 09:47 PM   #10
(female)

shysbabydoll HB User

When ttc #1 I had quite a lot of clotting and was really worried, but the Dr. I saw said that moderate clotting is normal. My dd is 6 now
Love, Luck, Lollipops and Babydust to all
Jenna

Old 04-26-2005, 04:04 AM   #11
(female)

ss_uk HB User

Thanks for your help xx

Closed Thread