It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Trying to Conceive (TTC) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-22-2005, 07:43 AM   #1

Blue102 HB User
Smile Questions about having a baby

Hi...Just a few questions. I hope this is the right place to post this. My husband and I are both 25 years old and we've been married a year. We are both pursuing advanced degrees at college. We just bought a little house but it won't be built until about 9 months from now. Anyway, I've decided that I am ready to have a baby. I guess I've been pressuring him quite a bit, and he told me we could have one when we get in the house. (I think, ideally, he would wait until we have furniture and he gets his masters degree, but I don't want to wait that long.)

Well my questions are: Should we wait till he gets his degree, or should we go ahead and start trying to conceive as soon as we move in? How long will it take to get pregnant, most likely? I'm taking antidepressants (Zoloft)--should I go off them? I have a problem with depression. Anything we should really make sure to do before we have a baby (financially or otherwise?)

I'm going to make an appointment with my doctor, of course--I have a ton of questions--but I am so ready to do this!

Old 04-24-2005, 04:39 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Sallyz HB User
Re: Questions about having a baby

The only thing I'd say is making sure you've got some good health insurance in place. I've heard if you change plans while you're pregnant (if you or your husband got a new job or something) sometimes they consider the pregnancy a pre-existing condition. I'm not sure though, but something to look into.
Good luck--exciting times!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread