It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Trying to Conceive (TTC) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-26-2005, 08:18 AM   #1
(female)

angiedaw HB User
Question re : Vitex Chaste Tree

Is this safe to take during pregnancy? I got some of these pills on the weekend, and am going to start taking them. If I was to get pregnant, but didn't know I was for a few weeks after(obviously) is it still safe to take them?

Angie

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-26-2005, 09:43 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

bronicagirl HB User
Re: Question re : Vitex Chaste Tree

no they are not save during pregnancy. i take it and it helped me get my first bfp.

take from AF to ovulation then leave until the next cycle.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-26-2005, 08:33 PM   #3
(female)

dolphin27 HB User

What is this vitex chaste tree? Where can I find it? I kind of get the hint that it's a herb that helps in cycling, is this true? What can I do to help know when I ovulate, so I know to stop taking it, since I have have irregular periods? I have heard a lot about this Vitex Chaste Tree and seem very interested in knowing more about it and possibly considering it as one of my options.

Old 04-27-2005, 04:10 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

bronicagirl HB User

Hi Dolphin,
It is a herbal remedy. well worth looking it up on an internet search engine, that will bring up loads of places that sell it, and lots of info on its effects. I personally feel its a miracle stuff. Im the past when i came off depo it took 12 months for AF to return the first time, then 18 months the second. this time when i took vitex i was pg by 9 months by the date the next shot would have been due. I lost the pg, however i took vitex again after the loss/af bleeding, i then ovulated on cycle day 13!!! so ovulated 13 days after a loss.

it has several names, vitex, agnus castus, chaste berry, black monks pepper etc.
though to find it try looking for agnus castus first as thats what i got the best response from.
it is usually avaiable at herbalists etc, and it must be taken in morning.
it regulates too heavy a flow, too light, no af at all, bad pms etc etc.

Goodluck.

Old 04-27-2005, 08:38 AM   #5

caedmyn HB User

I have read that it is safe to take throughout your cycle, just stop taking it as soon as you get a BFP. That is what I did (I got pregnant the first cycle I used it). I think it can help with luteal phase defects, so obviously in that case it would be necessary to continue taking it after ovulation. Most people that I know of that take it do take it throughout their cycle. But you could do some research to make sure it's okay.

In the US you can get it from natural/health food stores. I followed the directions on the bottle, which said to take one caplet 3x a day.

To figure out when you ovulate, try reading the book "Taking Charge of Your Fertility". It explains the signs of ovulation and tells you how to chart your temperature so you can tell when you have ovulated.

Good luck!

Old 04-27-2005, 10:16 AM   #6
(female)

dolphin27 HB User

Thanks for all the info, it was very helpfull. I'm going to check out the local herbal store and see if they have it.

Closed Thread