It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Trying to Conceive (TTC) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-26-2005, 12:19 PM   #1

kitty8009 HB User
Question Useful info

Hi everyone. I hope I have some useful information for at least someone. Here is my story. My husband and I have ttc for 3 years now. After the first year of trying I decided to go to the Dr. and see if he could help us out or send us in the right direction to see what is wrong. We where living in Louisiana at the time and my husband and I went and the dr. told me that I was a healthy young woman and shouldn’t have a problem but before he could do anything to me they would have to check my husbands semen to make sure that everything is in good working order. Then after that if his sperm count were low they would put us on clomid. So he recommended my husband to an urologist. My husband went to the urologist and he did a check up on him and he told my husband that his testicles where just fine that there was nothing to worry about. The urologist made my husband another appt. to get a semen analysis done. Well at that time my husband got another job so that means insurance changed. Plus we had to move to Texas which we are both from. In the meantime I also heard about the ovulation scope and my husband bought us one. And it told me that I was ovulating. So we get settle in we buy a house and get the insurance in order and we finally make another Dr. appt. (With another Dr. of course.) And he too told me that same thing that I am a healthy young woman and shouldn’t have a problem. Just to make sure he did a test where he could see my insides on an ultrasound thing. And just confirmed that I just indeed finished ovulating. Which was music to our ears. We thought one down one to go. My dr. recommended my husband to see an urologist. My husband went to the urologist and found out that he had Varicocele veins in his left testicle. (Which keep in mind he had it all his life.) We didn’t know anything different. We could see them and feel them but we didn’t know it wasn’t normal. When my husband got home from the Dr. he looked it up on the web. It said that those veins are producing too much heat to his sperm. Which makes him produce dead are dying sperm. But thankfully it could be fixed with a simple day surgery. Which he had. It has been a month now and he goes and gets a semen analysis done in June to make sure it fixed the problem. But I just wanted to let people know that my husband and I had no idea about his veins in his testicles because he went to one urologist and told my husband he was just fine. And he wasn’t. I wanted to share this information with people. I hope I have helped someone. Now all we can do is cross our fingers and pray that everything is okay. Thank you for reading and if you have any questions or would like to just talk please feel free to reply to me.

God Bless!

Last edited by Administrator; 04-26-2005 at 10:26 PM. Reason: Personal contact information and websites are not allowed on these boards. Read & Follow our rules!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread