It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Trying to Conceive (TTC) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-27-2005, 06:39 AM   #1
(female)

angiedaw HB User
What's Going On???

I have no idea what is wrong with my body/hormones this month.
** A little background **

We have a 6 year old ds. I went on the bcp 5 years ago, and stopped taking it in November. Dh and I have been ttc since then, not charting or anyting, just doing the BD every few days.

Since November I have had four AF's, 35 days, 32 days, 40 days, then 44 days. Each month I had lots of CM during the whole month, and pains here and there, but nothing really led to ovulation.

Last cycle, I got cramps around day 28, but no AF until day 44.

This month, my body is so very messed up. Dh doesn't know what is wrong with me, and neither do I. On day 9, I went to the bathroom, since I felt a gush of something out of me, and my panties were covered with CM, it was stretching from one side to the other of my panties.( sorry, TMI). I had this happen that day, and then the next. Then the last few days( I am on day 17 today), I just haven't felt like myself. GEtting all the symptoms of AF, but she is not due for a while. I have been moody, depressed, tired, bloated, diarrhea, just feel like crap allover, no motivation to do anything. I usually get all these symptoms on the first day of AF, so it is really strange that I am getting them so early in my cycle.

I have been thinking about it, and hoping that maybe this is my body getting back to normal, producing its own hormones, so everything is all out of whack? What do you think? Does this sound normal for going off the pill 5 months ago? I know that my body has to learn how to ovulate on its own now, and wondering that maybe that is what is happening? Or maybe when I had all the CM on day 9, that was ovulation and I could possibly be pregnant. I just didn't expect to ovulate that early( if I even did).

I dunno, I am so confused this month. I just want my normal self back.

What does this sound like to you?

Angie

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-27-2005, 07:01 AM   #2
(female)

angiedaw HB User
Re: What's Going On???

I forgot to mention the hunger I have been experiencing yesterday and so far today.
This was my meals yesterday, and I was still absolutely starving in between each one.

7:30 am bagel

9:00 banana

11:30 two boiled eggs and toast

12:30 banana

2:00 bowl full of mix( raisins, nuts, sunflower seeds, etc)
3:30 bowl of cereal

6:00 hamburg, fries, pop

7:00 belly grumbling again, but I didn't eat anything. Went to bed at 10 absolutely starving
woke up this morning at 7

2 smoothies for breakfast and bowl of cereal

two pieces of toast 2 hours later

I am a small girl, and this is UNLIKE me to be able to eat this much food, and still be hungry in between.

Angie

Old 04-27-2005, 08:12 AM   #3
(female)

AnnieinPA HB User
Re: What's Going On???

Angie,
It certainly sounds to me like your body is regulating after coming off the Pill. I have been experiencing something similar.
I came off of the Pill at the end of August and we have been TTC ever since and no luck! I, too, was getting weird long cycles (much longer than before I was on the pill... and I was only on it for six months) and weird bouts of PMS symptoms and CM.
For the FIRST time this past month, I actually had my CM back - the way it used to be, stretchy, etc. when supposed to be fertile and for the first time in eight months, my boobs hurt like they did before I would get my period before I was on the pill. Also, I was starving this week like you were saying. I'm pretty much positive that I'm not pregnant because my temps are dropping and I took a FRER test this morning and it was negative, so I think the hunger thing is just normal PMS...
I had no idea our bodies took so long to bounce back from birth control. I will NEVER go on it again!
Take the symptoms as a positive - it shows that our bodies are producing the hormones that it is supposed to!
Good luck!

Closed Thread