It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Trying to Conceive (TTC) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-27-2005, 07:38 AM   #1
(female)

shysbabydoll HB User
Smile Any other plus size women ttc?

Hello All,
I'm a +sized lady and was for my first child. However, I'm bigger now then I was and I'm wondering if there are any other bigger ladies that are ttc? I've lost about 10 lbs so far, trying to lose more before DH and I start ttc next cycle. I've got alot of extra lbs (I'm a 3XL) and would like to chat with other bigger ladies to hear/share our stories and experiences...
Love, Luck, Lollipops and Babydust to all,
Jenna

Old 04-27-2005, 09:12 AM   #2
(female)

dolphin27 HB User
Re: Any other plus size women ttc?

I too am a plus sized woman TTC for a year now. I totter around a 2-3xl so I definitely have some pounds to loose. I have PCOS that is making it harder for me to cycle let alone concieve. My doctor told me that I needed to lose at least 50 lbs before he would start helping me in TTC. He also said that my ideal weight for getting pregnant would be if I lose 100lbs. Easier said than done. So I have it in my mind that I need to lose 100lbs before I start try more seriously. I have kind of come to the conclusion that this summer is about my overall physical fitness and hopefully I can get the weight loss started and it'll be easy to keep it going once it is started. I have a chart of my weight loss on my fridge. In the past month I have lost 13 lbs, I think most of it was because I cycled for the first time in a couple of months. But that has me motivated to keep going, only 87 more to go. Yeah!! Anyway I'm here for ya. It'ld be nice to have a group of people to talk to that are in the same situation as myself. Good Luck!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-27-2005, 09:33 AM   #3
(female)

cmbrown0201 HB User
Wink Re: Any other plus size women ttc?

Hey there,

I'm plus sized as well, usually 2xl (sze24), I had a successful pregnancy with my son in 2001. We were waiting to start IVF when we found out we got pregnant on our own. I have a blocked tube, which is our only issue. We have been trying to conceive again on our own since my son was born and are now seeing an RE (now have insurance coverage again for infertility). We did one IUI cycle with injectibles which failed this month and am now on hold until next cycle due to too many follicles left over from failed IUI. My doc's said that it is in my best interest to lose weight, but not necesarrily required to get pregnant. I've lost 10lbs in two months, would like to lose at least 50 more.

Best of luck and lots of baby dust and sticky vibes to everyone.

Connie
TTC#2 4 yrs
IUI#1 failed
IUI#2 on hold

Old 04-27-2005, 05:21 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

faeriegirl25 HB User

Hi, I am also plus sized. My dh and I have been TTC for 3-4 cycles now, and I am feeling a little frustrated, hoping that my weight issue will not stop us from a child. I also have hypothyroidism that I am being treated for. Honestly, I don't think being overweight will stop me from getting pg.. it may be a little harder, I know many women my size and larger who have had successful pregnancies.
Baby Dust
Take Care
Fae

Last edited by faeriegirl25; 04-27-2005 at 08:03 PM.

Old 04-27-2005, 10:17 PM   #5
(female)

shysbabydoll HB User

I'm so glad I'm not alone on the boards with this I think we all know that losing some weight would of course be best, but I know myself, I'm not letting my size stop me from ttc I am trying to lose weight as I can. Summer is coming and so are all those great fresh veggies and fruits I have extra incentive now that we're ttc
I can't wait till next cycle so we can start Still waiting on AF for this cycle now though...seems so far away...*pouts* LOL
Love luck lollies and babydust to all,
Jenna

Closed Thread