It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Trying to Conceive (TTC) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-28-2005, 04:55 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

steph66 HB User
Question green tea?!

I started drinking green tea this month but was wondering if there is a certain kind i should be drinking. right now i have the lipton green tea. I was also going to try the robitussin this cycle. Which days would be best to start it or would i take it all cycle until i know i've ovulated? My cycle is out of wack right now and i usually feel when i ovulate. this cycle is KNOW i ovulated apr. 7-9 yet still no period. Im not getting my hopes up though, cuz i dont think i am but we werent actively trying this cycle so no biggie. I also didnt chart my temps either because we werent going to be trying. Although now i wish i did! Thanks in advance for any advise!!

God Bless and baby dust to us all!!!!

Also wondered if anyone has used anything to increase their hubby's sperm count. We could really use some good advice cuz most everything is expensive!!

Thanks*******Steph********

Old 04-28-2005, 05:54 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

Ivana HB User
Re: green tea?!

I'm not sure about the robitussin or how to increase sperm count but as far as the green tea goes, there are so many different varieties...most of the popular brands are good but if you really want to experience the full antioxidant effect from green tea it's best to buy lose leaves at a health food store...A WORD OF CAUTION THOUGH ABOUT GREEN TEA AND PREGNANCY...this come from an article i read recently and many scientists have been able to confirm this:{removed}

Last edited by Modinatrix21; 04-28-2005 at 06:22 AM. Reason: Read posting guide lines,do not post copyrighted material.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-28-2005, 05:30 PM   #3
(female)

AdnRo HB User

I've heard that green tea can DECREASE FOLIC ACID absorption during pregnancy...which would definitely be a bad thing...be careful!

Old 05-01-2005, 02:06 PM   #4
Senior Veteran

sammieP HB User

I was drinking it quite alot and then i heard it can increase the risk of spina bifida in an unborn child so i stopped drinking it and just went with the robitussin and bbdancing eod

Old 05-02-2005, 06:18 AM   #5
(female)

carterscutie85 HB User

Boy, I'm glad I came across this post. Just the other day I was going to buy some green tea to go with my lunch-I had never tried it before and wanted to see how it tasted-but I didn't buy it because I couldn't use my credit card at the place-now I'm glad I wasn't able to buy it..
As far as the sperm count goes-I read somewhere that if your husband refrains from masturbating in between baby dancing then you'll have a higher chance of becoming pregnant-it builds up the sperm inside-I know my fiancee did that for a week and he actually did say he felt like he produced more when we finally baby danced...

Old 05-26-2005, 06:42 AM   #6
(female)

Rachel ann HB User

I'm reading up on fertility since I'm TTC for the first time. I read that increasing your daily intake of folic acid will greatly reduce if not dimish the likelihood of a baby being born with spina bifida. If you are seriously considering pregnancy, start taking the prenate vitamins. Folic acid is also found in walnuts, apricots, green vegetables (darker green is better) and whole grain. I had my lmp on 4/28 and hoping I am pregnant, but doubt it because we weren't really trying. I'm due any day now.

Closed Thread